This easy and beautifully layered Sunrise Mocktail Spritzer is full of orange, pineapple, and grenadine flavor. It is perfect after a long day, for brunch with the girls, or even pool parties!
This is my non-alcoholic take on the classic Sunrise Cocktail. It is even better because everyone can enjoy it, it is super bubbly, and has pineapple soda in it! Oh and did I mention, a 10 minute recipe for homemade grenadine. Top it off with a cute mini umbrella and you are transported to a tropical oasis.
What is a Mocktail Spritzer?
A mocktail is a nonalcoholic drink and a spritzer is anything that has tonic water, bubbly sodas, or mineral water in it. They also gives a tummy tingly sensation just like alcohol.
What Is In A Sunrise Mocktail Spritzer?
Orange Juice: This is the main ingredient in the recipe so make sure it tastes good! You can use store bought, hand squeezed, sugar free, etc.
Pineapple Soda: It tastes the best in this but pineapple juice or pineapple mineral water work too. You may have to change the amount of grenadine to get the sweetness you are looking for if you opt for something other than pineapple soda.
Grenadine: I always recommend making your own, recipe included. Most store-bought grenadines are not even made with pomegranate juice and contain additives that are not good for you.
Homemade Grenadine in 10 Minutes
Most people believe grenadine is cherry but it is really pomegranate! I always make my own because most store-bought varieties don’t even have pomegranate in them and I think they taste better. Plus it is super quick and easy to make on your own.
- Place sugar and water in a saucepan and heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, allow it to come to room temperature, and pour into a glass container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to three months.
How To Make A Perfectly Layered Sunrise Mocktail Spritzer
This is one of the easiest drinks to layer, if you do it right!
All you have to do is add the orange juice and pineapple soda to your ice filled glass. Finish it off by slowly pouring in your homemade grenadine. Because the grenadine has a higher density it will sink to the bottom without disturbing the orange juice and pineapple soda.
Garnish it with lemon slices, mini umbrellas, and fun striped straws. Be sure to give it a good stir before you take your first sip!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Of course, a classic sunrise cocktail has tequila so feel free to add a splash or two with the orange juice. Vodka, white rum, or coconut rum would taste delicious in this as well!
I recommend Jarrito’s every single time. It has the best pineapple flavor, is carbonated, and has a sweet bubbly sensation. You can also use pineapple mineral water (I like Perrier) but keep in mind the drink will be less sweet with mineral water. Another option is pineapple juice.
First of all, you are going to want to slice your orange super thin. Press it up against the inside of your glass until it stays there. Fill the glass with ice to hold it in place and that’s it!
More Fun, No Alcohol Mocktails You Might Like:
- Apple Cider Sangria Mocktail
- Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail
- Apple Bee’s Knees Mocktail
- Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Espresso Martini Mocktail
- Watermelon Lime Slush
- Apple Cider Mule Mocktail
- Guava Lemonade Fizz
- Lavender Coconut Lemonade
- Creamy Mango Lemonade
- Pina Colada Mocktail
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Sunrise Mocktail Spritzer
- 5 ounces orange juice
- 3 ounces pineapple soda; or pineapple mineral water
- 1.5 ounces grenadine
- 1 cup granular sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- To an ice filled glass, pour over orange juice, pineapple soda, and lastly the grenadine.
- Stir until combined and garnish with orange slices.
- To a small saucepan add the granular sugar and pomegranate juice, heat on medium until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow the grenadine to come to room temperature.
- Pour into a glass jar or air tight container and refrigerate.
- Refrigerated in an airtight container, up to three months.
If you make my Sunrise Mocktail Spritzer, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!