This non alcoholic Apple Cider Mule is the perfect refreshing and spicy fall mocktail. It has flavors of apple, ginger, caramel, and cinnamon. There is seriously no better way to celebrate the fall season.
Want to know the best part? There are options to add zero proof spirits and non alcoholic bitters. They add an alcoholic like quality without the alcohol. You will have an even better apple cider mocktail without the buzz and hangover!
As the leaves start changing colors and the air turns crisp and cool, nothing satisfies quite like this fall mocktail! This Apple Cider Mule Mocktail is a perfectly balanced sip- sweet tartness from the apple cider, plus spicy ginger, a touch of caramel and cinnamon. The layers of flavor add coziness and simplicity that will make you keep coming back for more.
Reasons You’ll LOVE This Apple Cider Mule Mocktail
- 3 simple ingredients (a few more if you include all the garnishes like I did).
- Takes less than 5 minutes to mix up.
- Garnished beautifully and perfect for celebrating at all your fall gatherings and holidays.
- Options to add non alcoholic spirits and bitters.
Let’s Make Them Together- Quick 20 Second Tutorial Below:
What Is A Mocktail?
A mocktail is short for mock cocktail and they mimic alcoholic cocktails without the alcohol. Typically people think they are boring blends of fruit juices when it comes to mocktails, BUT with zero proof spirits and bitters they become a super fun option. Don’t feel overwhelmed (I give all my suggestions below).
Not to mention, non alcoholic drinks are something everyone can enjoy year round. Mocktails were made for those who don’t want to drink or can’t drink because of medical reasons, pregnant mommas, the sober curious, or designated drives. I prefer mocktails over alcoholic cocktails, and hope you grow to love them too!
Apple Cider Mule Mocktail Ingredients
This apple cider mocktail is 3 simple ingredients, plus a few fun garnishes. Keep reading for notes on each ingredient and potential substitutions.
- Apple Cider: I recommend using a local farm apple cider, apple juice just does not cut it in this mocktail.
- Tonic Water: Nothing is better than Fever Tree brand. You can also use neutral or flavored mineral water and club soda too. If you choose to add non alcoholic spirits, you can leave out the tonic water (suggestions below).
- Ginger Beer: Again, I recommend Fever Tree because it has the best spicy ginger flavor in my opinion. Feel free to use your favorite brand.
- Caramel Drizzle: I used Ghirardelli sauce, this is the type you put on your cold brew and ice cream because it is a thinner consistency. I found mine in the coffee aisle at the grocery store.
- Cinnamon Sticks: Make sure you use food grade cinnamon sticks, and do not sub this out for ground cinnamon. It is not water soluble so it will just float on the top of your drink and impart no flavor into the mocktail.
- Apple Slices: I like to throw these in my mocktail because it adds fresh apple flavor. It also becomes a delicious flavor bomb to eat when you are done drinking.
Non Alcoholic Spirits For Your Apple Cider Mocktail
I absolutely love adding zero proof spirits to my mocktails because they taste almost identical to the real deal! They also add another level of complex flavor so it doesn’t taste like you’re drinking juice.
Remember to omit the tonic water if you choose to add non alcoholic spirits. Here are a few of my suggestions:
Non Alcoholic Bitters: This simple addition amps up any mocktail! My preference is to add a dash or two of All the Bitter aromatic bitters or orange bitters (You can get 10% off by using my code ENTIRELY10)!
Other Non Alcoholic Spirits: Options that would pair well are a deep bourbon or whiskey like American Malt from Lyre’s. I think Ritual Rum Alternative or Lyre’s Dark Cane Spirit would taste great too.
How to Make The BEST Apple Cider Mule Mocktail
This apple cider mocktail is so simple to make! Here’s a quick overview, the recipe card below will have complete details.
1. ADD apple cider and tonic water (or non alcoholic spirits) to a copper mug filled with ice. Top it off with ginger beer.
2. GARNISH with a drizzle of caramel sauce, stir with a cinnamon stick, and add an apple wedge. Serve!
Tips For An Even Better Apple Cider Mocktail
Never substitute ginger ale for ginger beer. Ginger ale is too sweet and mellow for this apple cider mocktail. If you are wanting a more mild ginger flavor, I recommend adding more tonic water or apple cider to your drink.
Avoid watering down your mocktail by chilling the ingredients ahead of time. This means you will have a super cold mocktail without the added ice to water it down. If you like ice in your drink, just ignore this bit.
Make it a smoky mocktail with a cocktail smoker kit. I recommend this one from Aged & Charred (use my code ENTIRELY10 for 10% off your purchase) because it comes complete with multiple wood chips.
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Apple Cider Mule Mocktail
- Place ice in a copper mug or glass of choice (if ingredients are not already chilled).
- Add the apple cider and tonic water (or non alcoholic spirits). Top it off with ginger beer.
- Drizzle caramel on top and stir well with a cinnamon stick.
- Garnish with apple slices and serve.
Non Alcoholic Spirits For Your Apple Cider Mocktail
- Non Alcoholic Vodka: A traditional Moscow Mule has vodka in it so you could easily add an ounce of non alcoholic vodka to this drink. I recommend trying Arkay, Strykk, and CleanCo.
- Non Alcoholic Bitters: This simple addition amps up any mocktail! My preference is to add a dash or two of All the Bitter aromatic bitters or orange bitters (You can get 10% off by using my code ENTIRELY10)!
- Other Non Alcoholic Spirits: Options that would pair well are a deep bourbon or whiskey like American Malt from Lyre’s. I think Ritual Rum Alternative or Lyre’s Dark Cane Spirit would taste great too.
Make It A Smoky Mocktailwith a cocktail smoker kit. I recommend this one from Aged & Charred (use my code ENTIRELY10 for 10% off your purchase) because it comes complete with multiple wood chips.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.