This non alcoholic Apple Cider Mule is the perfect refreshing and spicy fall mocktail. It has flavors of apple, ginger, caramel, and cinnamon. There is seriously no better way to celebrate the fall season.
Apple Cider Mule Mocktail
Backstory: I got “the dreaded disease” back in June. You know, the one that has overtook our lives for the past year and a half now? I was sick for six weeks and for three of those weeks I could not taste or smell which was the worst. Although I am better now, I do have dramatically different taste buds.
Moscow Mules used to be one of my favorites but now I just can’t drink alcohol without it tasting like battery acid. I wanted to test my taste buds so I did some experimenting. The tastiest version was without the Moscow (vodka), with the Mule (ginger beer), and some added fall flavors of cider, caramel, and cinnamon. Jordan and I could not stop drinking it and he insisted I share it with you all. I hope you love it like we do!
Check out my Loaded Fall Harvest Popcorn too. It is a great addition to this mocktail for parties and movie night.
What Is A Mocktail?
A mocktail is short for mock cocktail. Basically they mimic alcoholic cocktails without the alcohol. To get the bubbly and carbonated sensation alcohol gives I like to use tonic water and/or bubbly sodas in it’s place.
- Apple Cider- I recommend using a local farm apple cider, apple juice just does not cut it in this mocktail.
- Ginger Beer- Nothing is better than Fever Tree brand. It has the best spicy ginger flavor in my opinion. If you are looking for a mild and sweeter ginger flavor go with Ginger Ale.
- Tonic Water- Again, I recommend Fever Tree. Club soda also works in this mocktail.
- Caramel Drizzle- I used the type you put on your cold brew and ice cream because it is a thinner consistency. I found mine in the coffee aisle at the grocery store.
- Cinnamon Sticks- Do not sub this out for ground cinnamon. It is not water soluble so it will just float on the top of your drink and impart no flavor into the mocktail.
- Apple Slices- I like to throw these in my mocktail because it adds fresh apple flavor. It also becomes a delicious flavor bomb to eat when you are done drinking.
How to Make Them
There is no particular way you have to add the ingredients with this mocktail. Just pour the ingredients over ice, stir with your cinnamon stick, and sip.
TIP: To add to the aesthetic and tradition, use a copper Mule mug like I did!
What If I Want Alcohol In It?
A traditional Moscow Mule has vodka in it so you could easily add an ounce to this drink. Other alcohols that would pair well are Caramel Vodka, a deep Bourbon, or White Rum. Fireball would add a yummy cinnamon kick to this Mule as well.
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Apple Cider Mule Mocktail
- 8 ounces apple cider
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- 2 ounces tonic water
- 1 tablespoon caramel drizzle
- 1 cinnamon stick
- apple slices; for garnish
- Place ice in a copper mug or glass of choice.
- Add the apple cider, ginger beer, and tonic water.
- Drizzle the caramel on top and stir with a cinnamon stick.
- Garnish with apple slices.
If you make my Apple Cider Mule Mocktail, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!