How to make a classic Espresso Martini without the alcohol! This coffee mocktail is bold, sweet, delicious, and just the pick-me-up we all need! It is made using simple ingredients and shakes up in seconds. You won’t even miss the alcohol in this!
Try my classic Dirty Martini Mocktail or Peppermint White Russian Mocktail too. Or check out more mocktail and non alcoholic drink recipes here!
Mocktails are becoming a norm for me. I live in a dry county which means no alcohol sales EVER! I have to travel 45 minutes to get to the nearest liquor store. Crazy right?!
Lately I have committed myself to creating fun and delicious alcohol free drinks and mocktails. I think I like it better this way, especially when an Espresso Martini Mocktail is involved. Browse more of my mocktail recipes here.
What Is In An Espresso Martini Mocktail?
- Espresso- It is best brewed fresh and then cooled in the refrigerator. Also, choose a high quality espresso so you get the best result. Bad espresso means a bad Espresso Martini Mocktail.
- Heavy Whipping Cream- To add creaminess and body to the mocktail. Feel free to use dairy free options or even canned coconut cream.
- Simple Syrup- Helps to sweeten things up (use as much or as little as your palate prefers). If you want to make your own, follow this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract- Mimics the flavor of coffee liqueurs. Make sure you are using pure and never imitation extract.
- Salt- For an extra boost to the flavors.
Add Some Flare To The Rim!
So before you make your Espresso Martini Mocktail you have got to try rimming the glass with cocoa. It tastes exactly like chocolate syrup and adds extra appeal to every sip you take!
To get the perfect rim all you have to do is:
- On two shallow dishes, place a layer of cocoa on one and simple syrup on another.
- Immediately dip the rim of your glass in the cocoa. You will want to move the rim of the glass around in various directions so it gets coated well.
- Shake off any loose cocoa into the sink or garbage.
It is that easy!
How To Make The BEST Espresso Mocktail Martini
RIM YOUR MARTINI GLASSES by dipping them into simple syrup and then cocoa powder.
ADD ICE AND THE INGREDIENTS TO YOUR COCKTAIL SHAKER; espresso, heavy cream, simple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. I do have to warn you, do not put ice into a glass cocktail shaker or it will explode. I learned that the hard way when I was making this recipe (oops!).
SHAKE VIGOROUSLY for about a minute or so. It should have a frothy layer of foam when it is ready to pour.
POUR INTO TWO MARTINI GLASSES and top with a few coffee beans or dusting of cocoa.
Fun Ways to Amp Up Your Mocktail
USE NON ALCOHOLIC SPIRITS: I LOVE adding NA spirits to my mocktails. For this recipe I often add a splash of alcohol removed vodka. I recommend Lyre’s White Cane or Arkay NA Vodka.
ADD OTHER TOPPINGS: a dollop of whipped cream, chocolate sauce, a caramel drizzle.
What If I Want To Add Alcohol?
A traditional Espresso Martini has both vodka and coffee liqueur. To the existing recipe add 2 ounces of vodka and 2 ounces of coffee liqueur. Depending on how sweet your coffee liqueur is you may need to alter the simple syrup amount.
More Drink Recipes You Might Like:
- Mimosa Mocktail
- Non Alcoholic Aperol Spritz Mocktail
- Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- Pina Colada Mocktail
- Sunrise Mocktail Spritzer
- Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Caramel Milk Tea
- Earl Grey Milk Tea
- Cherry Matcha Refresher
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Espresso Martini Mocktail
- Cocktail Shaker; or lidded jar, cup, container
- 4 ounces espresso
- 2 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- cocoa powder; to rim glass
- coffee beans; for garnish
- Dip the rim of your martini glass into simple syrup and then cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Into a cocktail shaker add ice, espresso, heavy cream, simple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Shake vigorously for about a minute or so. Pour into two martini glasses and top with a few coffee beans.
Use Non Alcoholic Spirits
- Add 4 ounces alcohol removed vodka. I recommend Lyre’s White Cane or Arkay NA Vodka.
Simple Syrup Variations-
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
If you make my Espresso Martini Mocktail don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!
9 thoughts on “Espresso Martini Mocktail”
I recently stopped drinking alcohol and have been looking for delicious mocktails to substitute for weekends and social events. Your recipe is amazing! I appreciate the time you took to craft such a delicious espresso martini mocktail. Thank you!
This was just perfect. I don’t drink alcohol so this actually was one of the best experiences I had. Delicious alcohol-free martini mocktail. This will be saved for all the fun nights. If you know what I mean. Haha
This is genius for nights I want to feel special but not have alcohol. It came out so rich and creamy it was the best indulgence.
These were perfect! I’m not drinking while nursing so it is really wonderful to find a mocktail that feels special! I used Lyre’s nonalcoholic vodka like you suggested and it was just like the real thing! 🙏🏻
This is at the top of my non-alcoholic cocktail list! creamy with just the right amount of coffee, perfect!
Can’t beat a non alcoholic take on boozy dessert like this! Such a treat.
Thnk you for sharing❤️❤️
Is there anyway to make this dairy free?
You can use dairy free heavy whipping cream. I know Silk and Califia Farms make it.