This frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail is everything it should be: a perfect slushy consistency, packed with fruity strawberry flavor, and super easy to make. It combines frozen strawberries, 7 Up, fresh lime juice, a little sugar, and ice. Perfect for adults, kids, and everyone in between!
What Are Mocktails?
A mocktail is short for mock cocktail. Basically they mimic alcoholic cocktails without the alcohol. To get the bubbly and carbonated sensation alcohol gives I like to use tonic water and/or bubbly sodas in it’s place. Trust me, you will never miss the rum!
In this non alcoholic Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail I use 7 UP for the carbonation and lime juice for added flavor. Both the 7 Up and lime juice take place of the alcohol and keeps this drink from tasting like a strawberry smoothie!
Ingredients For The BEST Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail
- Fresh Strawberries: Wash and cut them in small-medium chunks and freeze overnight. Alternatively you can use pre-packaged frozen strawberries.
- Granulated Sugar: This is used to give sweetness your drink. You can also use cane sugar, simple syrup, turbinado sugar, whatever you prefer.
- 7 UP: Be sure to chill your soda prior to making the daiquiris to keep the mixture extra cold. If you need to substitute 7 Up, any lemon lime soda will work.
- Lime Juice: Use freshly squeezed for the best flavor.
- Ice Cubes: This helps to give our daiquiris the perfect frozen slushy consistency.
- Extra Strawberries and Lime Slices for garnish
How To Make A Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail
This Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail recipe is oh so easy! First things first, cut your fresh strawberries in medium sized pieces and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Throw that in the freezer overnight and make sure your strawberries are frozen solid before blending.
When you are ready to make your Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktails, all you do is throw everything into your blender and blend until smooth. Pour it into your glasses and serve with a fresh strawberry and lime slice.
PRO TIP! I love to get fancy and sugar the rim of my glass. To do this all you have to do is coat the rim of your glass with lime juice and then roll the rim in granulated sugar.
Troubleshooting Your Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail
- Too thick? Add a tablespoon more of 7 Up.
- Too thin? Add a 1/4 cup more of frozen strawberry chunks or ice.
- Not sweet enough? Add a 1/2 tablespoon more of granulated sugar.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Of course! If the strawberries are out of season or just too expensive, pre-packaged frozen strawberries work well. Keep in mind you may have to add more sugar since they tend to lack sweetness.
Absolutely, lemon will slightly change the flavor but it will still be delicious. Just make sure you are using fresh lemon or lime juice (if you can) the flavors just don’t compare.
For this Pina Colada Mocktail a food processor works just as well as a blender. You will definitely want a blender or food processor to make this so you have a classic frozen slushy consistency.
I recommend blending these up as you are serving them. This mocktail is a slushy consistency and doesn’t store well in the refrigerator or freezer. Serving it as you drink it, and immediately, is best.
A classic Strawberry Daiquiri cocktail has rum in it. I recommend substituting the 7 Up for equal parts of your favorite white, spiced, or dark rum.
More Mocktail Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Watermelon Lime Slush – frozen recipe
- Pina Colada Mocktail – frozen recipe
- Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Sunrise Mocktail Spritzer
- Spicy Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- Lemon Mojito Mocktail
- Non Alcoholic Aperol Spritz Mocktail
- Mimosa Mocktail
Look at all my mocktail recipes here!
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail
- Blender or Food Processor
- 2 ½ cups fresh strawberries; frozen
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ½ cup 7 Up
- 1 lime juice; freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup sugar
- Cut fresh strawberries into medium sized cubes, place on a cookie sheet and freeze overnight.
- In a blender add frozen strawberry chunks, ice, 7 Up, lime juice, and sugar. Blend until smooth and the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour the Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail into a glass and garnish with a fresh strawberry and lime wedge.
If you make my Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!