Beat the midday slump with this antioxidant rich Cherry Matcha Refresher! It takes almost no time to mix up and has 3 simple ingredients: tart cherry juice, matcha tea, and simple syrup. Oh so delicious for your daily pick-me-up!
For more cherry deliciousness check out my Cherry White Chocolate Blondies!
Every day, at about 2 in the afternoon, I hit the midday slump. It is the worst isn’t it?! I would love to curl up under my desk and take a nap but there is just too much to get done. To give myself an antioxidant rich boost, I RUN to this Cherry Matcha Refresher! It is light, invigorating, and oh so refreshing. Let’s make it!
Watch me make this Cherry Matcha Refresher on YouTube!
Why Is It Called A Refresher?
Well because they are refreshing, especially on a warm day! Refreshers are invigorating and tasty drinks served over ice. They are a balance between tea and real fruit juice; matcha tea and cherry juice in this case. Refreshers are perfect for anyone who wants a lightly caffeinated pick-me-up without coffee.
What Is In A Cherry Matcha Refresher?
- Tart Cherry Juice– Opt for an organic, sugar free juice to receive all the natural antioxidant health benefits.
- Matcha Tea– A type of green tea that is earthy, also full of natural antioxidants.
- matcha powder- make sure it is marked as “culinary grade.”
- warm water- used to dissolve the matcha powder.
- Simple Syrup– To sweeten things up a bit. I use Cane Sugar Simple Syrup (recipe here) but feel free to substitute for honey, monk fruit sweetener, or leave it out.
- Maraschino Cherries– For the perfect garnish.
How To Make A Cherry Matcha Refresher
Make the matcha tea. In a mason jar or shaker bottle add your matcha powder, warm water, and simple syrup. Vigorously shake the mixture until it becomes frothy and the matcha has fully dissolved. I do want to note, traditional matcha is whisked with a bamboo whisk. If you are like me and need to improvise, the cocktail shaker works great.
Layer the tart cherry juice and matcha tea. Fill your glass with ice and add the tart cherry juice. Slowly pour over the matcha tea, careful to not disturb the cherry juice too much.
Stir, garnish, and sip!
More Delicious Tea Recipes:
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Cherry Matcha Refresher
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 ounces water; warm
- 6 ounces cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup; recipe below
- Maraschino cherries; garnish
- In a mason jar or shaker bottle, add matcha powder, warm water, and simple syrup. Vigorously shake until frothy and the matcha has fully dissolved.
- In a glass add ice and cherry juice. Pour over matcha tea.
- Stir together and garnish with a Maraschino cherry.
If you make my Cherry Matcha Refresher, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!