Put a platter of these blondies out at a potluck and you’ll find only crumbs when it’s time to head home! These Cherry White Chocolate Blondies are a quick and easy, one-bowl recipe. They are thick, chewy, and chocolatey with a burst of fresh cherry flavor. Be prepared because everyone will be asking for you for this recipe.
For more easy and delicious bars, check these out!
As a kid one of my fondest memories was cherry picking with my grandma and grandpa. I remember feeling a ting of adventure seeing how big the orchard was, it seemed to go on for miles and miles. The cherry trees were loaded with so many bright red cherries it looked as if they were decorated for Christmas. To me it felt like Christmas, I couldn’t wait to tromp down the rows of cherry trees, find the perfect one, climb to the top and pick away. In my case I would be eating more than picking and the people below would have to watch out for spit and cherry pits. I can hear grandma telling me, “Bethie-Annie you better get to picking and stop eating all those cherries! They weigh you when you leave to see how many cherries you ate!” Grandpa just laughed. Me on the other hand, I shaped up and started picking!
Blondies are one of the most underrated desserts, which is why I love making them! Most people don’t even know what a blondie is let alone what it tastes like. I describe it as a vanilla brownie, in this case white chocolate. And to be honest, I have yet to come across someone who did not like these after they tried them.
8 Ingredients, 1 Bowl
This recipe requires no stand mixer or hand mixer! You only need a large bowl, a spatula, and a whisk. The blondies will bake in an 8 x 8 baking dish that is lined with parchment paper so you will need that too.
The eight ingredients needed are common household ingredients, other than the cherries. Be sure to buy fresh, not frozen, cherries for this recipe. You will need:
- Butter, unsalted: to make our blondies soft and gooey
- White Chocolate: to add the essential white chocolate flavor
- Sugar: white granular sugar for sweetness
- Eggs: to help our blondies hold their shape and not get too dense and flat
- Vanilla: to add flavor
- Salt: to boost all our flavors
- Flour: all purpose to help hold our ingredients together
- Cherries: the burst of fresh flavor to cut through the sweet
A Note On The Melted White Chocolate & Butter
The secret to these blondies is melting together the butter and white chocolate. Doing this gives your blondies the gooey and fudgy consistency that is so addicting. White chocolate can sometimes be difficult to melt because it has a tendency to seize and get clumpy, but with butter it is made easier.
All you need to do is place the butter and white chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl. Microwave for (3) thirty second increments making sure you stir the mixture in between each time in the microwave. Let the mixture cool to room temperature before making the blondies.
Making the Blondies; EASY PEASY!
Preheat your oven to 350° F (177° C) and center your oven rack. If the blondies are too high in your oven the tops will brown too much and if they are too low the bottoms will get burned and be too crunchy when they cool.
Prepare your 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray. You can also grease your dish if you do not have parchment paper but they will be harder to remove from the dish and may still stick on the bottom.
Place the butter and white chocolate mixture in a large bowl with the sugar and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and eggs, whisk again until combined. Add the salt and flour. Using your spatula fold the mixture until almost smooth. Add your cherries and fold until incorporated.
Place the mixture in your prepared baking dish and top with more white chocolate and cherries if desired.
Bake the blondies for 30 – 35 minutes. The top and edges should be caramelized and brown. A toothpick test in the center should come out clean with a few crumbs. Allow your blondies to cool in your pan until they are room temperature.
More Blondie Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Cherry and White Chocolate Blondies
- 1 stick butter; unsalted
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup granular sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs; room temperature
- 1 cup flour; all purpose
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh cherries; chopped
- white chocolate chips; for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350° F (177° C) and center your oven rack.
- Fit an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small heat safe bowl add the butter and white chocolate chips.
- Melt in the microwave for three, thirty second increments, stirring in between. It should be melted together and incorporated at this point. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate large bowl, add the cooled butter and white chocolate mixture and sugar. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and eggs. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add the flour and salt, fold a few times until the batter begins to come together.
- Add the cherries and use a spatula to fold the ingredients until smooth. Don't over mix it or the batter will begin to turn a pink color.
- Pour or scoop the batter into your lined and greased baking dish. Spread evenly with your spatula.
- Top your blondie batter with additional cherry chunks and white chocolate chips if desired. (FYI: they will sink and melt).
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 – 35 minutes. The top and edges should be caramelized and brown. A toothpick test in the center should come out clean with a few crumbs.
- Allow your blondies to cool in your pan until room temperature.
If you make my Cherry White Chocolate Blondies, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!