Are you ready for a creamy, tropical, 3 ingredient Pina Colada Mocktail? The frozen pineapple chunks, coconut cream, pineapple juice, and ice are blended to the perfect slushy consistency. Easily make one for yourself or a pitcher for a crowd.
Options to add non alcoholic white rum spirits below.
Why You’ll Love This Non Alcoholic Pina Colada Recipe
THE YUMMIEST NON ALCOHOLIC DRINK: These 3 ingredient, virgin Pina Coladas are everything they should be: a perfect creamy slushy consistency, packed with tropical pineapple and coconut flavor, and easy to make!
THE OPTION TO ADD NON ALCOHOLIC RUM: I love, love, love when I can use non alcoholic spirits. They really elevate basic mocktails to drinks that taste almost identical to their alcoholic versions.
GREAT FOR EVERY DAY AND EVERY ONE: It is great for pool parties, girl’s night, brunch, or really any day of the week. And since they have no alcohol in them, virtually everyone can enjoy them.
Watch Me Make It In Under 30 Seconds
Pina Colada Mocktail Ingredients
This recipe is only 3 simple ingredients, pineapple, pineapple juice, and coconut. Well I guess it is 4 if you include ice cubes. Below are a few notes and potential substitutions.
- Fresh Pineapple: Cut in small-medium sized chunks and frozen overnight. You can also use canned pineapple (frozen overnight) or already frozen pineapple chunks.
- Coconut Cream: I use Coco Re’al which is coconut cream with sugar in it. You can also use canned, unsweetened coconut cream or coconut milk. Keep in mind the thinner the consistency the less you will need. And you may also need to add a sweetener of some type like Simple Syrup or granulated sugar.
- Pineapple Juice: 100% real pineapple juice is the best. I use canned juice but bottled juice works as well.
- Ice Cubes: Helps give the perfect slushy consistency.
- Pineapple Wedges: This is an optional garnish.
- OPTIONAL Non Alcoholic White Rum: I like to add Lyre’s White Cane Spirit to make this taste even closer to an alcoholic Pina Colada.
The Best Non Alcoholic White Rum Substitutes
A classic Pina Colada contains white rum. To be honest, there are not as many options as there is for dark rum. I like the flavor and price point of Lyre’s White Cane Spirit the best. Other options include Arkay non alcoholic white rum, and Marie Laveau non alcoholif spiced spirit.
- Blender or Food Processor
- Glassware: Traditionally Pina Coladas are served in hurricane glasses. I used my beer can glasses but really any tall glassware will work.
- Straws: I prefer to use large boba straws for frozen drinks. It makes it so much easier to drink!
How To Make A Pina Colada Mocktail
This drink is oh so easy! Below is a quick overview, the recipe card below will have complete details.
1. CUT YOUR FRESH PINEAPPLE in small pieces and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Throw that in the freezer overnight and make sure your pineapple chunks are frozen solid before blending.
2. THROW EVERYTHING INTO YOUR BLENDER and blend until smooth. Taste test and troubleshoot your pina colada mocktail so it is just how you like it (more information in the next section).
3. POUR IT INTO YOUR GLASSES and garnish with fresh pineapple wedges. You can also drizzle more coconut cream over the top.
Making frozen drinks is not an exact science and sometimes they require troubleshooting. Not to mention, fresh pineapples are slightly different in taste and texture as well. Some may be sweeter than others and more ripened pineapple tends to be softer. Use the information below to make your virgin pina colada perfect!
- Too thick? Add a tablespoon more of pineapple juice.
- Too thin? Add a 1/4 cup more of frozen pineapple chunks or ice.
- Not sweet enough? Add a 1/2 tablespoon more of the coconut cream.
- Needs more non alcoholic rum? Add an extra 1 ounce at a time.
Fun Non Alcoholic Pina Colada Variations
GET FANCY AND RIM YOUR GLASS with a coconut rim. To do this all you have to do is coat the rim of your glass into the coconut cream and then roll the rim in coconut flakes. Because the coconut cream I use is thick and sticky it adheres the coconut flakes really well.
NO BLENDER, NO PROBLEM! MAKE IT A SHAKEN VIRGIN PINA COLADA by omitting the pineapple slices and blending. Just pour together pineapple juice, coconut cream, non alcoholic white rum, and shake with ice.
DRIZZLE extra coconut cream on the inside of your glass for a boost of coconut flavor.
ADD LIME JUICE for a citrus note to the pineapple coconut. All three together taste AMAZING in this!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For this Pina Colada Mocktail a food processor works just as well as a blender. You will definitely want a blender or food processor to make this so you have a classic slushy consistency.
I recommend blending these up as you are serving them. This mocktail is a slushy consistency and doesn’t store well in the refrigerator or freezer. Serving it as you drink it, and immediately, is best.
Yes, use any kind of non-sugar added pineapple chunks that work best for you. Just make sure they are frozen overnight. Also, keep in mind the flavor profile of fresh, canned, and frozen pineapple chunks will vary drastically.
A classic Pina Colada has rum (white or dark) in it. You can also add coconut rum too.
If you are looking for more tropical mocktail recipes, give these a try!
- Moscow Mule Mocktail
- Watermelon Lime Slush
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- Spicy Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail
- Creamy Mango Lemonade
- Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Guava Lemonade Fizz
- Gin and Tonic Mocktail
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Pina Colada Mocktail
- Blender or Food Processor
- 2 ½ cups fresh pineapple - in chunks and frozen *
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces coconut cream - I use Coco Re'al **
- pineapple wedges - for garnish
OPTIONAL Non Alcoholic Spirit
- 4 ounces non alcoholic white rum - I used Lyre's White Cane Spirit
- Cut fresh pineapple into small to medium sized cubes. Place in a single layer and on a cookie sheet.
- Freeze overnight or until the pineapple chunks are frozen solid.
- In a blender or food processor, add frozen pineapple chunks, ice cubes, pineapple juice, coconut cream, and optional non alcoholic white rum.
- Blend until smooth and the ingredients are fully incorporated. Taste test and troubleshoot.NOTE: Too thick? Add a tablespoon more of pineapple juice. Too thin? Add a 1/4 cup more of frozen pineapple chunks or ice. Not sweet enough? Add a 1/2 tablespoon more of the coconut cream. Needs more non alcoholic rum? Add an extra 1 ounce at a time.
- Pour the Pina Colada Mocktail into 2 glasses and garnish with fresh pineapple wedges.
*Fresh Pineapple Substitutes:
- Canned pineapple is a great option. Just make sure they are frozen overnight as stated in the directions.
- Already frozen bagged pineapple works as well.
**To substitute Coco Real Coconut Cream, follow these directions:
- Replace with 4 tablespoons of canned coconut cream and 2 tablespoons of sweetener (simple syrup or granulated sugar).
- Replace with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of sweetener (simple syrup or granulated sugar). Please note, this option has the least amount of coconut flavor.
- GET FANCY AND RIM YOUR GLASS with a coconut rim. Coat the rim of your glass into the coconut cream and then roll the rim in coconut flakes.
- NO BLENDER, NO PROBLEM! MAKE IT SHAKEN by omitting the pineapple slices and blending. Just pour together pineapple juice, coconut cream, non alcoholic white rum, and shake with ice.
- DRIZZLE extra coconut cream on the inside of your glass for a boost of coconut flavor.
- ADD LIME JUICE for a citrus note.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.