This Spicy Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail is tart, slightly sweet, and super refreshing. It only requires 6 simple ingredients, and it’s easy to stir together (no need for a cocktail shaker!). Comes complete with a delicious jalapeno simple syrup recipe.
This Spicy Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail is a fun twist on a classic margarita. And it is the perfect margarita mocktail for an alcohol free happy hour, Cinco de Mayo, or summer entertaining.
What Is In A Spicy Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail
- Limeade: This is the main ingredient in the recipe so make sure it tastes good to you! You can use bottled, powdered, sugar free, etc. If you need more lime flavor you can always add a squeeze of lime.
- Tonic Water: You can also use club soda or mineral water.
- Orange Juice: Any kind works, bottled, concentrate, or freshly squeezed.
- Jalapeno Simple Syrup: If you are not a fan of spicy drinks you can also use Simple Syrup.
How to Make A Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail
All it takes is pouring everything together and stirring, that easy! I like to pour it over ice but you can always chill the ingredients ahead of time. To your glass add the jalapeno simple syrup, orange juice, limeade, and tonic water. Give that a good stir and garnish with a lime slice and jalapeno slices.
How To Make Your Own Jalapeno Simple Syrup
My Jalapeno Simple Syrup is super quick and easy to make on your own. It is sugar, water, and I used two sliced jalapenos (the right amount of spice for me). You can always use more or less in this syrup depending on your spice tolerance. Find the recipe here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
The spice comes from the Jalapeno Simple Syrup. Because the syrup has water and sugar it really cuts down the spice. I like to tell people it has heat and a touch of spice that lingers in your mouth, but it is not overwhelming.
Yes you can. Margaritas typically have Tequila in them. Feel free to add a splash or two to this recipe.
Not a problem! You can easily substitute the Jalapeno Simple Syrup for traditional simple syrup. You can use my recipe here.
If you are looking for more mocktails, check these out!
- Lemon Mojito Mocktail
- Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail
- Grapefruit Ginger Beer Mocktail
- Pina Colada Mocktail
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- Sunrise Mocktail Spritzer
- Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Espresso Martini Mocktail
- Apple Cider Mule Mocktail
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Spicy Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail
Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail
- 8 ounces limeade
- 4 ounces tonic water
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces jalapeno simple syrup; recipe below
Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail
- Prepare your Jalapeno Simple Syrup, recipe here.
- To a glass add ice, limeade, tonic water, orange juice, and jalapeno simple syrup.
- Stir gently to combine and garnish with lime and jalapeno slices.
If you make my Spicy Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!