This refreshing Lemon Mojito Mocktail is the perfect non alcoholic summer drink! It is made with fresh mint leaves, a homemade simple syrup, lemon juice, and bubbly tonic water. It is an easy and delicious, boozeless twist on a traditional Mojito.
Nothing says summer like a mojito mocktail… am I right? This Lemon Mojito Mocktail recipe is the perfect blend of citrus, mint, and bubbly sweetness. I guarantee you will hooked in one sip!
Why You’ll LOVE This Mojito Mocktail Recipe
4 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS: All you need is mint, lemon juice, a sweetener, and some tonic water. 5 ingredients if you include the bonus lemon slice garnish.
GREAT FOR VARIOUS OCCASSIONS: Because this one only takes minutes to stir together… It is the perfect option on your next warm day, bridal shower, or even at a family barbecue.
A SKINNY HEALTHIER MOCKTAIL: Because there is no rum in this mojito mocktail, it cuts out about 100 calories. If you do decide to add a non alcoholic white rum, don’t worry because those tend to have 1/3 of the calories as their alcoholic counterpart.
If you are craving the same great flavors but want a frozen slushie, try this Limonana drink.
Let’s Make It Together! Watch My Quick Video Below
Lemon Mojito Mocktail Ingredients
All you will need is 5 simple ingredients (including the garnish). Here are a few things to notes too:
- Mint Leaves: If mint is not in season or you cannot find any, try mint extract (no more than 1/4 teaspoon).
- Lemon Juice: I have recently discovered Santa Cruz bottled lemon juice and love it. Alternatively, you can use freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon for this).
- Simple Syrup: Feel free to use homemade or store-bought. If you do not want to use simple syrup, honey, agave, or maple syrup are really great options.
- Tonic Water: My go to is Fever Tree but you can use whatever you like. Club soda, mineral waters, or sparkling water work too.
- Lemon Slices: Because garnishing is a must with a cocktail this gorgeous!
What Non Alcoholic Spirits Can I Use In A Mojito Mocktail?
Typically a mojito includes white rum, so I recommend adding 2 ounces Lyre’s White Cane Spirit which is a non alcoholic white rum. I also like to use Seedlip Grove 42 which is a citrus infused non alcoholic spirit. It does not mimic white rum but it tastes really good in this mojito mocktail.
- Glasses: I like to use a lowball glass for mojito mocktails (I linked the ones I used below). You can also use a highball glass, traditional drinking glasses, or your favorite drinkware!
- Muddler: This is used to crush and break down the mint leaves so their flavor is released. You can also use the butt of a wooden spoon or really anything that will allow you to crush the mint.
How To Make A Lemon Mojito Mocktail
Here is a quick overview of how to make this no fuss, 5 minute mojito mocktail. The recipe card below will have complete details.
- CRUSH together the mint leaves and simple syrup with a muddler. This will release the mint’s oils and infuse the flavor into your simple syrup.
- ADD ice, lemon juice, and top off your glass with tonic water.
- STIR AND GARNISH with a slice of lemon.
Lemon Mojito Mocktail Variations
USE HALF LIME JUICE AND HALF LEMON JUICE to make this more like a traditional mojito (which is only lime juice).
ADD FRESH OR FROZEN BERRIES like blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It is not a problem! You can use the butt of a wooden spoon or really anything that will allow you to crush the mint oils into the simple syrup.
Simple syrup is incredibly easy to make at home. All you need is one cup sugar (granular or cane) and one cup of water, heat it on the stove, and pour it into a glass container. This simple syrup will last up to three months in the refrigerator. The full directions can be found here.
Vodka or White Rum would taste great in this. Mojitos typically contain White Rum so if you want to keep it class, I would go with that.
Craving More Lemon? Check Out These Recipes:
- Orange Lemonade
- Guava Lemonade Fizz
- Lavender Coconut Lemonade
- Creamy Mango Lemonade
- Lemon Orzo Salad
- Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
- Lemon Feta Fries
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pies
Try Some Other Mocktail Recipes Too:
- Cosmopolitan Mocktail
- Mimosa Mocktail
- Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail
- Pina Colada Mocktail
- Spicy Jalapeno Margarita Mocktail
- Blue Lagoon Mocktail
- Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Espresso Martini Mocktail
- Apple Bee’s Knees Mocktail
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Lemon Mojito Mocktail
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 ounce simple syrup*
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 3 ounces tonic water
- lemon slice - garnish
- To a glass add mint leaves and simple syrup. Crush well with a muddler.
- Fill the glass with ice and then top with lemon juice, and tonic water.
- Stir and garnish with a slice of lemon.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
If you make my Lemon Mojito Mocktail, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!