This refreshing Lemon Mojito Mocktail is the perfect summer drink! It is made with fresh mint leaves, a homemade simple syrup, lemon juice, and bubbly tonic water. It is an easy and delicious, non alcoholic twist on a traditional Mojito.
Nothing says summer like lemon and mint! Am I right? This Lemon Mojito Mocktail is the perfect blend of citrus, mint, and bubbly sweetness. The simplicity of ingredients is out of this world and even better, it takes only minutes to stir together. Make it on your next warm day, bridal shower, or family barbecue.
Ingredients Needed (and a few notes):
- Mint Leaves. If mint is not in season or you cannot find any, try mint extract (no more than 1/4 teaspoon).
- Lemon Juice. I have recently discovered Santa Cruz lemon juice and love it. Alternatively, you can use freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon for this).
- Simple Syrup. Feel free to use homemade or store-bought. I like to make my own with cane sugar, I put details below if you also want to make your own.
- Tonic Water.
- Lemon Slices. Because garnishing is a must with a cocktail this gorgeous!
5 Minute, No Fuss, Lemon Mojito Mocktail
To your glass add the mint leaves and simple syrup. Crush them together well with a muddler to release the mint’s oils. Fill your glass with ice and lemon juice, then top it with tonic water. Stir well and garnish with a slice of lemon. Now it’s ready to sip and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It is not a problem! You can use the butt of a wooden spoon or really anything that will allow you to crush the mint oils into the simple syrup.
Vodka or White Rum would taste great in this. Mojitos typically contain White Rum so if you want to keep it class, I would go with that.
Simple syrup is incredibly easy to make at home. All you need is one cup sugar (granular or cane) and one cup of water, heat it on the stove, and pour it into a glass container. This simple syrup will last up to three months in the refrigerator. The full directions can be found here.
Craving More Lemon? Check Out These Recipes:
- Guava Lemonade Fizz
- Lavender Coconut Lemonade
- Creamy Mango Lemonade
- Lemon Orzo Salad
- Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
- Lemon Feta Fries
- Italian Pasta Salad with Lemon Pesto Dressing
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pies
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Lemon Mojito Mocktail
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 ounce simple syrup*
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 3 ounces tonic water
- lemon slice; garnish
- To a glass add mint leaves and simple syrup. Crush well with a muddler.
- Fill the glass with ice and then top with lemon juice, and tonic water.
- Stir and garnish with a slice of lemon.
If you make my Lemon Mojito Mocktail, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!