These easy and delicious Honey Sriracha Meatballs are glazed with a spicy, sweet, garlicky sauce. They can be made on the stove top, in your slow cooker, and with store bought or homemade meatballs. It is great as an appetizer, your main dish, or for meal prepping.
Kick this meatball recipe up another notch by using my easy Hot Honey Sauce!
I NEVER get tired of eating meatballs. They are such a simple appetizer, dinner, and meal prepping recipe. Aren’t they? For this recipe all you have to do is simmer the sauce, add the meatballs, and cook until hot. Easy peasy!
Why You‘ll LOVE These Honey Sriracha Glazed Meatballs
- Two easy cooking methods: Make them in the slow cooker or on the stove top. There is also instructions for making these meatballs ahead of time which is great for the holidays.
- The sauce is SO DELICIOUS! It is sweet, spicy, thick, and only 4 ingredients. I like to make extra and use it on chicken wings or roasted Brussel sprouts. So yum!
A Short Video Tutorial:
Ingredients in Honey Sriracha Meatballs
This recipe is 6 simple ingredients. Most of them you will have in your pantry right now, guaranteed.
- Meatballs: I use pre-cooked homestyle meatballs you get in the frozen section. They are quick and require less effort. You can always make homemade meatballs too.
- Honey: Buy and use local honey whenever possible. I use honey from our bees to capture all the healthy properties of honey. You can use my Hot Honey for even spicier meatballs.
- Sriracha Sauce: Use your favorite brand. I like Sky Valley for the price point and flavor (not sponsored).
- Ketchup: I recommend sugar free ketchup because the honey adds just the right amount of sweetness.
- Garlic: Freshly minced garlic cloves results in the best flavor. You can also use garlic powder, or jarred minced garlic in it’s place.
- Green Onion: Used as a fresh garnish and completely optional.
How to Make Honey Sriracha Meatballs 2 Ways!
You are going to love the versatility of this recipe. It makes it easy under any circumstances. Make them on the stove top in 20 minutes, or let them cook low and slow for 2 to 4 hours. Prep the meatballs ahead of time to reduce the amount of work on the day you plan on serving.
Below are basic instructions, the recipe card will have more details.
Make Them On The Stove
For the stove top method you will need a large pot with a lid.
- Sauté the garlic in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the honey, sriracha, and ketchup. Stir well and let the sauce come to a boil
- Add the meatballs and stir them into the sauce so they are well coated.
- Cover and cook until warmed through.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and serve!
Make Them In The Slow Cooker
For the slow cooker method you will need one that holds at least 3 to 4 quarts.
- Add the honey, sriracha, ketchup, and minced garlic to the slow cooker.
- Add the meatballs and stir until they are well coated in the sauce.
- Cover and set slow cooker to low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours, or until warmed through.
- Serve chopped green onions on the side for garnishing and serve!
Making Ahead of Time Information
These meatballs are the perfect option if you are needing to make an appetizer or dinner in advance.
For making them on the stove ahead of time, have the sauce mixed up your garlic minced and the meatballs unthawed (if you are using frozen) or fully cooked (if they are homemade). When you are ready to make them all you have to do is follow the cooking directions and cook them until warmed through. You can have everything prepped up to three days in advance.
If you are making them in the slow cooker ahead of time, have everything mixed together and refrigerate it. Remove the slow cooker from the refrigerator and set to low or high and cook until warmed through. This can be done up to three days in advance.
Any leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. They can also be frozen for up to three months. Just reheat them on the stove or in the slow cooker until thawed and warmed through.
3 Tips For The Best Honey Sriracha Meatballs
Alter the spice to suite your taste buds. This recipe is for medium heat Honey Sriracha Meatballs which is great for those who like spice and those who do not. It is just enough! I recommend testing the mixture before adding your meatballs. If you need more spice add 2 tablespoons of sriracha at a time, and less spice add 2 tablespoons of ketchup at a time.
Double or triple this recipe. This is great if you are trying to feed larger crowds or have leftovers for meal prepping. I like to serve leftover meatballs for dinner over rice, on a fresh salad, or with roasted veggies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Partially. I recommend prepping the sauce, garlic, and meatballs up to three days in advanced. This makes cooking them in the slow cooker or pot even easier and quicker.
Yes! It will take longer for the meatballs to cook if you decide to do so. On the stove top it takes around 25 minutes and in the crockpot it can take an extra hour than specified. I do want you to know that the sauce may be thinner from the water in the meatballs that is being sweat off.
More Appetizer Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Green Onion Dip
- Chicken Sausage Rolls
- Pizza Dip with Pizza Dough Balls
- Salt and Pepper Wing
- Olive Dip
- Pulled Pork Sliders
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
- Ricotta Dip with Roasted Grapes
- Garlic Butter Parmesan Wings
- Fried Dill Pickle Dip
- Buffalo Crab Dip
- Feta and Onion Hot Dip
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Honey Sriracha Meatballs
- Large Pot and Lid OR
- Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs meatballs; pre-cooked*
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup sriracha sauce
- ½ cup ketchup; sugar free
- 4 cloves garlic; minced (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- ¼ cup green onions; chopped
On The Stove Top
- To a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the honey, sriracha sauce, and ketchup. Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the pre cooked meatballs. Stir until the meatballs are well coated.
- Cover the pot with it's lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until warmed through.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and serve.
In The Slow Cooker
- To a slow cooker, add honey, sriracha sauce, ketchup, and minced garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add the pre-cooked meatballs and stir until well coated.
- Cover the slow cooker and set to low for 4 hours, high for 2 hours, or until warmed through.
- Serve chopped green onion on the side for garnish.
- Refrigerated, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days.
- Frozen, in an airtight container, for up to 3 months.
- REHEAT Honey Sriracha Meatballs in a pot, slow cooker, or microwave until warmed through.
Make Ahead Information:
- For the Stove Top Method: Mince the garlic and store in an airtight container, combine the sauce and store it in another airtight container. Have the pre-cooked meatballs thawed or homemade meatballs prepared. Store up to 3 days in advanced.
- For the Slow Cooker Method: Mix all the ingredients together (except for the garnish) in the slow cooker and refrigerate up to 3 days in advance.
- Cook both as specified in the recipe card above when you are ready to make and serve.
If you make my Honey Sriracha Meatballs, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!