Baked Garlic Butter Parmesan Wings that are better than any restaurant or fast food wings you can buy. They are crispy and slathered in a homemade garlic butter parmesan sauce. They are perfect on game nights, Saturday lunches with friends, or just because you are craving wings!
For more delicious wings, try my Honey Lemon Pepper Wings.
These Garlic Butter Parmesan Wings are baked twice and done in an hour tops!
They are tossed in seasoned flour and baked, then slathered in a homemade garlic butter parmesan sauce and baked one more time. Out of the oven they are hot, crunchy wings that are not greasy.
Sound amazing right? Let’s make them!
Ingredients Needed for the Tastiest Wings
- Chicken Wings tossed in;
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- Garlic Butter Parmesan Sauce made with;
- unsalted butter; melted and slightly cooled
- parmesan cheese
- garlic; finely minced
- red pepper flakes; this is for a little heat and totally optional
- black pepper
How to Make Garlic Butter Parmesan Wings
Prepare the chicken wings. Start by patting them dry and then tossing in flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Place the chicken wings in a single layer, with space, on a rack lined baking sheet.
Bake the seasoned chicken wings for 15 minutes, reduce heat and continue to bake for 15 more minutes.
Prepare the garlic butter parmesan sauce. In a small bowl mix together the slightly cooled unsalted butter, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
Toss the baked chicken wings in the sauce. Place them back on the rack lined baking sheet.
Bake the wings for an additional 10 minutes. Allow them to rest on the rack for 10 minutes before removing them.
Garnish with parsley.
Tips for Crispier Baked Wings
- Allow the wings to sit at room temperature for around 30 minutes before you start making them. Doing this takes the chill off and promotes a more even bake.
- Pat dry the chicken wings before tossing in the seasoned flour and baking. Removing the excess moisture helps them to crisp up.
- Don’t skip the baking powder in the seasoned flour blend. Something about baking powder changes the chemistry of the chicken skin making it even crunchier.
- Bake these wings at 450° F. I know this seems very hot and it can be tempting to turn the heat down, but don’t. The initial high heat not only helps these cook quicker, but it makes them crispy and crunchy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Not necessarily but this recipe is for chicken wings. If you decide to use another cut of chicken, I recommend bone-in chicken like thighs or drumsticks. The bake times will differ as well so keep that in mind.
You can easily substitute the one tablespoon of minced garlic for one and a half teaspoons of garlic powder. Fresh garlic does have a sharper flavor but in a pinch garlic powder tastes just as good.
Real parmesan cheese is the best, stay away from the fake parmesan cheese in the shaker bottle (you know what I am talking about). My preference is to buy a wedge of parmesan cheese and either hand grate it or use a mini food processor.
Looking for more fun appetizers or appetizers for dinner:
- Ricotta Dip with Roasted Grapes
- Chicken Lime Taquitos
- Lemon Feta Fries
- Pulled Pork Sliders
- Smoked Queso Dip
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Smoked Cream Cheese
- Fried Dill Pickle Dip
- Apple Butter BBQ Pork Sliders
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Garlic Butter Parmesan Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Garlic Butter Parmesan Wings
- ½ cup unsalted butter; melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic; minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- parsley; for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450° F and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack on top of the aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Pat dry chicken wings and toss in all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place seasoned chicken wings on the rack lined baking sheet, in a single layer and keeping space between them.
- Bake the seasoned chicken wings for 15 minutes and then reduce oven to 425° F and continue to bake for 15 more minutes.
- While the wings bake, prepare the garlic butter sauce by whisking together the slightly cooled and melted unsalted butter, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to a bowl.
- Remove the baked chicken wings from the rack lined baking sheet and toss them in the garlic butter sauce.
- Place the sauced chicken wings back on the rack lined baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the Garlic Butter Parmesan Wings from the oven and allow them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and more parmesan cheese. Serve with dipping sauce.
- In the refrigerator, covered, for up to 4 days.
If you make my Garlic Butter Parmesan Wings, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!