There is nothing better than nachos, am I right?! They are versatile, easy, fun to eat, and so delicious. These Chili Cheese Nachos do not disappoint… you will love the addicting textures and flavors.
Why This Is The BEST Chili Cheese Nachos Recipe
Watch Me Make This Recipe In Under A Minute!
Ingredients In Chili Cheese Nachos
You’ll love how this recipe has “from scratch” taste with help from a few store-bought ingredients and delicious spices. Below is everything you need, plus a few notes and potential substitutions.
For the Chili:
For the Nachos:
How to Make Chili Cheese Nachos
Make A Chili Cheese Nacho Bar For Game Day
Place the cooked chili in one slow cooker and the cheese sauce in another small slow cooker on “keep warm” or “low” setting. In separate bowls have the tortilla chips, sour cream, red onion, and sliced jalapenos sitting out. This makes it easy for your guests to build their own Chili Cheese Nachos
- Use up leftover chili from soup night instead of making the chili.
- Try other types of tortilla chips, or even homemade ones.
- Add your favorite toppings- lettuce, diced tomato, bell peppers, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
More Appetizer Recipes To Try:
Chili Cheese Nachos
For the Chili
For the Nachos
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips
- chili; from above ingredients
- 1 cup queso cheese sauce; Pace Queso
- ¼ cup sour cream*
- ¼ cup red onion; diced in bite sized pieces
- 1 jalapeno; sliced thinly
For the Chili
- Heat saucepan over medium heat and add the ground beef. Stirring frequently, continue to cook the ground beef until browned, about 10 minutes.NOTE: If there is an excess of grease, strain it off prior to moving on.
- Add the hot dog chili sauce, chili beans, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow the chili to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
For the Nachos
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scatter half the corn tortilla chips on the baking sheet. Top with half the chili and half the cheese sauce. Layer on the remaining chips, chili, and cheese as before.
- Bake for 10 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream, red onion, and sliced jalapenos.
- Serve immediately.
Make A Chili Cheese Nacho Bar For Game Day:This makes it easy for your guests to build their own Chili Cheese Nachos
- Place the cooked chili in one slow cooker and the cheese sauce in another small slow cooker on “keep warm” or “low” setting.
- In separate bowls have the tortilla chips, sour cream, red onion, and sliced jalapenos sitting out.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.