These baked Honey Lemon Pepper Wings are crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and covered in a sticky sauce. They are the perfect easy appetizer for parties and game day!
For more chicken wings, try these: Oven Baked Chicken Wings, Salt and Pepper Wings, Soy Garlic Chicken Wings, and Garlic Butter Parmesan Wings.
Why you’ll LOVE these wings…
- The flavor of is incredible! They are sweet, lemony, with a kick from the black pepper. If you are feeling daring you can add a level of spice, like I often do, by using Hot Honey.
- They are quick and easy to make, done in an hour.
- Since they are baked, you get super crispy, crunchy wings without the hassle of frying them in hot oil.
Ingredients for Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
- Chicken Wings tossed in;
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- Honey Lemon Pepper Sauce made with;
- unsalted butter; melted
- honey; I used hot honey
- lemon juice
- lemon pepper seasoning
How to Make Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
Prepare the chicken wings. Start by patting them dry and then tossing in flour, baking powder, salt, and paprika. Place the chicken wings in a single layer, with space, on a rack lined baking sheet.
Bake the seasoned chicken wings for 15 minutes, reduce heat and continue to bake for 15 more minutes.
Prepare the honey lemon pepper sauce. In a small bowl mix together the slightly cooled unsalted butter, honey, lemon juice, and lemon pepper seasoning.
Toss the baked chicken wings in the sauce. Place them back on the rack lined baking sheet.
Bake the wings for an additional 10 minutes. Allow them to rest on the rack for 10 minutes before removing them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Make your own! Sub out the Lemon Pepper Seasoning for a 1/2 tablespoon of lemon zest with 1 teaspoon of black pepper and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Easy peasy.
Not a problem! Just flip the wings halfway through both of the baking times. This will give you crispy chicken skin all the way around.
Not necessarily but this recipe is for chicken wings. If you decide to use another cut of chicken, I recommend bone-in chicken like thighs or drumsticks. The bake times will differ as well so keep that in mind.
More appetizer recipes you’ll love…
- Chili Cheese Nachos
- Cheesy Ground Beef Sliders
- Olive Dip
- Smoked Queso Dip
- Pulled Pork Sliders
- Lemon Orzo Salad
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Ricotta Dip with Roasted Grapes
- Chicken Lime Taquitos
- Tomato Chutney Bruschetta with Mozzarella
- Lemon Feta Fries
- Buffalo Crab Dip
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Honey Lemon Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter; melted
- ¼ cup honey; I used hot honey*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning **
- Preheat oven to 450° F and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack on top of the aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Pat dry chicken wings and toss in all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and paprika.
- Place seasoned chicken wings on the rack lined baking sheet, in a single layer and keeping space between them.
- Bake the seasoned chicken wings for 15 minutes and then reduce oven to 425° F and continue to bake for 15 more minutes.
- While the wings bake, prepare the honey lemon pepper sauce by whisking together the melted unsalted butter, honey, lemon juice, and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Remove the baked chicken wings from the rack lined baking sheet and toss them in the honey lemon pepper sauce.
- Place the sauced chicken wings back on the rack lined baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the Honey Lemon Pepper Wings from the oven and allow them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and more parmesan cheese. Serve with dipping sauce.
- In the refrigerator, covered, for up to 4 days.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
If you make my Honey Lemon Pepper Wings, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!
7 thoughts on “Honey Lemon Pepper Wings”
Wh is hot honey
Hot Honey is honey that is infused with red pepper flakes. It gives a spicy, sweet, element to the wings. You can buy it or make your own, I have a recipe on my website.
These are soooo good!! I used hot honey as well and was a little worried they would be to spicy but they were the perfect amount of spice! I made them about two weeks ago and my boyfriend is already asking when I’m going to make them again!
Wings were amazing, great flavor and easy to make
I LOVED this recipe! The wings were so tender and flavorful. The recipe was super easy to make too, I’ll be making these again for our superbowl party!
This recipe is to die for. The chicken was crispy and delicious.
Yuuuuuuum! These wings turned out amazing and they were sooo easy to prepare! Super crispy and I LOVE the combo of lemon pepper and honey! Definitely will be making this again!