These baked Soy Garlic Chicken Wings are easy to make, only 8 ingredients, and the perfect game day appetizer. They are super crispy and full of delicious flavors- soy sauce, honey, and freshly minced garlic. Your crew is going to love them!
Why You’ll LOVE These Soy Garlic Wings:
A Quick Video Tutorial
Ingredients in Soy Garlic Chicken Wings
These wings are only 8 simple ingredients, most of them are probably already in your pantry.
Soy Garlic Sauce:
How to Make Soy Garlic Chicken Wings
Wings will be fully cooked once they have turned a golden brown color and are crispy. The internal temperature should be 165°F with a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the wing. You can also slice into the meat to check if the juices are clear and the meat is a white/ light brown color.
Storing and Reheating Wings
Any leftover Soy Garlic Wings should be stored in an airtight container and in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To reheat any leftover Soy Garlic Wings, just place them on a rack lined baking sheet and bake at 425 °F (218 °C) until warmed through and crispy again, about 10 minutes.
3 Tips For The Crispiest Wings
I know you are probably wondering, what is the secret to crispy chicken wings? Well there are a few secrets:
- Pat dry the chicken wings to remove any excess moisture. This helps the dry seasoning to adhere to the wings and makes them even crispier as they bake.
- Always bake chicken wings on a wire rack. The space between the baking rack and baking sheet will crisp the underside of the wings. If you bake your wings directly on the baking sheet you will need to flip them half way through the bake time.
- Bake the wings at 450° F even if you are tempted to turn the heat down. The initial high heat helps the skin cook quick making it crisp and crunchy.
Frequently Asked Questions About Soy Garlic Wings
More Appetizer Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Soy Garlic Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings; at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves raw garlic; finely minced
- parsley; optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 °F and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place a wire rack on top of the aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Pat dry the chicken wings and toss in all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Place seasoned chicken wings on the rack lined baking sheet, in a single layer with space between them.
- Bake the wings for 15 minutes and then reduce oven to 425 °F and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- While the wings bake, in a large bowl whisk together the soy sauce, honey, olive oil, and minced garlic.
- Remove the baked chicken wings from the rack lined baking sheet and toss them in the wing sauce.
- Place the wings back on the rack lined baking sheet and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the Soy Garlic Chicken Wings from the oven and allow them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- In the refrigerator, covered and in an airtight container, for up to 4 days.
- To reheat any leftover Soy Garlic Wings, just place them on a rack lined baking sheet and bake at 425 °F (218 °C) until warmed through and crispy again, about 10 minutes.