Upscale your fries and make these Lemon Feta Fries. They are piled high with melty mozzarella and feta cheese, and drenched in a flavorful lemon olive oil sauce. These fries are easy to make and you can serve them as a side or an appetizer any day of the week.
For more delicious sides, take a look at these!
I don’t know about you, but I do not waste my time on tasteless, limp fries. If I am eating fries I want them to be piping hot, crispy, and seasoned to perfection. With this recipe make the fries you own way (oven baked, air fried, deep fried, or pan fried), broil the cheeses, and top with my delicious lemon olive oil sauce. This recipe is guaranteed to have you weak in the knees!
Ingredients In Lemon Feta Fries
- Waffle Fries: Make them how ever you prefer, this recipe is all about the sauce and cheese. You can oven bake them, air fry, deep fry, pan fry, etc.
- Olive Oil
- A Lemon: We are using it two ways for ultimate lemon flavor, zest it first then juice it.
- Spices: garlic powder, dried oregano, dried parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. The red pepper flakes are optional, but the kick of spice is so good!
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Feta Cheese Crumbles
How To Make Lemon Feta Fries
Make your waffle fries. I prefer to bake mine but feel free to make them however you prefer; air fry, deep fry, pan fry, etc.
Whisk up the lemon olive oil sauce: olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. I highly recommend making this sauce ahead of time and allowing it to chill in the refrigerator. This allows everything to meld together and amplifies the flavor of the sauce.
Sprinkle on cheeses and broil. Sprinkle all of the mozzarella cheese on top and only 6 ounces of feta cheese, set the remainder aside. Broil on low for 5 minutes. Just a note, broiling on high tends to char and burn the fries, yuck!
Drizzle with sauce. Make sure each of the waffle fries has a good amount of lemon olive oil sauce. You can also serve more of the sauce on the side too. Yes, it is that delicious!
Top with remaining feta cheese. Eat them while they are piping hot!
Frequently Asked Questions About Lemon Feta Fries
I recommend waffle fries because they have all the crevices to hold onto the cheeses and lemon olive oil sauce. But you can use whatever you prefer as well!
YES! An they aren’t that bad either. All you have to do is arrange your leftover lemon feta fries in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes or until crispy.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Garlic Butter Parmesan Wings
- Honey Sriracha Meatballs
- Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
- Lemon Orzo Salad
- Green Onion Dip
- Olive Dip
- More savory recipes here!
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Lemon Feta Fries
- 1 bag waffle fries
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon; zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese; shredded
- 6 ounces feta cheese; crumbles
- Prepare waffle fries as preferred, baked, air fried, deep fried, etc.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried parsley, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Set aside. *PRO TIP: Refrigerate the sauce for an hour or overnight to amplify the flavors.
- Turn oven broiler to low and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Place baked waffle fries on an unlined baking sheet. Top with mozzarella cheese and 4 ounces of feta cheese.
- Place under broiler until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and slightly browned. It takes around 5 minutes but keep a close eye on it to ensure it does not burn.
- Remove from oven and drizzle lemon olive oil sauce over the top of the fries.
- Top with remaining feta cheese. Serve warm.
- Refrigerated, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
- Arrange your leftover lemon feta fries in a single layer on a baking sheet. Reheat at 425°F for 5 minutes, or until crisp.
If you make my Lemon Feta Fries, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!