This Buffalo Crab Dip is creamy, cheesy, and packs a punch! It has four types of cheese, sour cream, crab for a subtle sweet, and buffalo sauce for spice. This dip takes 25 minutes to make from start to finish. It is also perfect to make ahead of time for a stress-free, quick and easy, crowd pleasing appetizer. I guarantee it will be one of the best and easiest dips you have ever tasted!
Buffalo Crab Dip
I can’t even begin to tell you how delicious this dip is. I personally think the only way to eat buffalo sauce is in a dip like this. Jordan isn’t particularly fond of buffalo sauce and I am not a huge fan of super spicy food. Because of this, and a few other reasons, I chose mild buffalo sauce. I wanted the buffalo flavor without being completely overwhelmed by heat. I also wanted the sweet notes of crab to still shine through. Between the two of us, we he ate half of the dip by ourselves. This one is for the books ladies and gents!
Take a look at my Feta and Onion Hot Dip too!
What You Will Need:
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Imitation Crab
- Mild Buffalo Sauce
- Dried Parsley
- Black Pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
Mix, Sprinkle, Bake and Broil
Start by greasing your baking dish and preheating your oven to 350° F. Whip together the cream cheese and sour cream.
TIP: If you forgot to get your cream cheese out of the refrigerator ahead of time you can microwave it in a bowl for 30 seconds. Room temperature cream cheese is so much easier to work with.
Add the imitation crab, buffalo sauce, parsley, pepper, Mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheeses. Pour the mixture into your baking dish and top with blue cheese crumbles.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and bubbly.
TIP: Place under the broil for 5 minutes on low. This will make your blue cheese even meltier and your dip will have a beautiful toasty appearance.
Serving and Sides
This Buffalo Crab Dip can be served warm, room temperature, or cold. I prefer it warm and Jordan prefers it cold so it is definitely up to you.
Serve it with assorted veggies and chips. I chose to eat it with celery and bagel chips and Jordan chose tortilla chips. The possibilities are endless, be creative!
Making Ahead of Time
Don’t you just love getting ahead of the game?! This dip can be completely constructed and refrigerated for up to 3 days prior to baking. Make sure you bring it to room temperature (or pretty close) prior to baking.
TIP: If the dip is already baked and you want to reheat it, bake in the oven at 300° F for 15 to 20 minutes. Cover it loosely with aluminum foil so it does not burn.
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Buffalo Crab Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese; room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream; room temperature
- 12 ounces imitation crab
- ½ cup buffalo sauce; mild
- 1½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Grease a baking dish (8 inch cast iron skillet or an 8×8 baking dish).
- Preheat oven to 350° F and center the oven rack.
- In a medium sized bowl whip together your cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add the imitation crab, buffalo sauce, parsley, pepper, and combine.
- Sprinkle in the mozzarella, sharp cheddar and combine.
- Pour mixture into the greased baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and bubbly. Place under the broil for 5 minutes on low.
- Serve with assorted veggies and chips. I served mine with bagel chips and celery.
- Covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you make my Buffalo Crab Dip, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!