This creamy Nutella Milkshake is easy to make, uses simple ingredients, and tastes great. It is the perfect option for anyone who loves rich, chocolatey hazelnut flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Nutella Milkshake Recipe
- 3 simple ingredients: ice cream, hazelnut spread, and milk. It doesn’t get easier than that.
- Takes only minutes to make: 5 minutes to be exact and 10 minutes if you decide to rim your milkshake glass like I did.
- Ultimate Nutella Milkshake flavor: creamy, rich, chocolatey hazelnut flavor.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Use vanilla ice cream, vanilla frozen yogurt, or any other variety of vanilla ice cream.
- Milk: I use whole milk because it gives the milkshake an even creamier consistency. Feel free to use whatever you have in the refrigerator, almond milk, 2%, oat milk, etc. Just keep in mind, lower fat milks give your milkshake an icier consistency.
- Nutella: Don’t skimp on the nutella, it really gives the milkshake flavor. If you need an alternative, find yourself some hazelnut spread.
- Hazelnuts: I like to coat the rim of my milkshake glass in Nutella and then roll it in finely chopped hazelnuts. It is an optional step but adds flair!
How To Make The BEST Nutella Milkshake
- Rim your milkshake glass with Nutella and then roll in finely chopped hazelnuts. This is optional but so fun!
- Add the vanilla ice cream, milk, and Nutella to your blender.
- Blend until everything is smooth and incorporated.
- Pour into a glass.
- Garnish with more chopped hazelnuts, again optional but delicious.
Easy Milkshake Addins and Toppings
There are so many ways you can make this the ultimate Nutella Milkshake! Here are a few of my favorites:
- top with whipped cream
- add a drizzle of chocolate sauce or chocolate fudge
- substitute half of the milk with strongly brewed coffee or espresso
- top it with fun sprinkles
- Add half a banana to make it a Banana Nutella Milkshake
- top your milkshake with a maraschino cherry
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Nutella is a delicious balance between hazelnut and chocolate flavor. It is on the sweeter side in comparison to peanut butter, but it is not overly sweet by any means.
The best way to make your milkshake thicker is to add more ice cream to it. If you have the opposite problem and your milkshake is too thick, add more milk to thin it out a little bit.
Scoop your vanilla ice cream into a large jar and allow it to soften (you can also microwave it for 10-20 seconds). Add the milk and Nutella to your jar, shake until well combined, and top with whipped cream.
My favorite alternative to ice cream is vanilla frozen yogurt, frozen vanilla greek yogurt, or banana nice cream. All of the options have the same great consistency needed for this milkshake.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Biscoff Milkshake
- Butterscotch Milkshake
- Marshmallow Pumpkin Milkshake
- Caramel Affogato
- Espresso Martini Mocktail
- Not So Sweet Chocolate Buttercream
- Chocolate Filled Cookies
- Coffee Toffee Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Orange Cake for Two
- Dark Chocolate Matcha Cookies
- Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
- Blender or Food Processor
- 1 ½ cups vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup nutella; plus more for rimming glass
- hazelnuts; finely chopped
- Spread nutella on the rim of your milkshake glass and roll in finely chopped hazelnuts. Place in the freezer while you make the milkshakes.
- To a blender add the vanilla ice cream, milk, and nutella.
- Blend until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Pour into a milkshake glass and garnish with more chopped hazelnuts.
- Too thin? Add more vanilla ice cream, 1 scoop at a time.
- Too thick? Add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Not enough Nutella flavor? Add more nutella, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Too much Nutella flavor? Add more vanilla ice cream or milk.
- Scoop your vanilla ice cream into a large jar and allow it to soften (you can also microwave it for 10-20 seconds). Add the milk and Nutella to your jar, shake until well combined.
If you make my Nutella Milkshake, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!