Indulgent, luxurious, and rich are the best words to describe these Ferrero Rocher Brownies. They are a fudgy, cakey, sweet and salty frosted brownies that are perfect for all occasions or just because. If you love hazelnut and chocolate then these are for you!
These Ferrero Rocher Brownies are DANGEROUS! They are rich, fudgy, salty-sweet, and just how a frosted brownie should be. I frosted them with a smooth and fluffy Whipped Hazelnut Frosting. Top that with Ferrero Rochers, hazelnuts, and flaky sea salt… chef’s kiss! And it is okay if you eat half the pan in one day. No judgement here!
Main Ingredients in Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- Brownies with Ferrero Rochers and Hazelnuts folded into the batter.
- Whipped Hazelnut Frosting with a hint of chocolate from additional unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Ferrero Rochers
- Flaky Sea Salt
How To Make Ferrero Rocher Brownies (basic steps)
Bake and Cool the Brownies. To your melted butter and sugar, whisk in eggs, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, vanilla. Fold in all purpose flour, baking powder, Ferrero Rochers and hazelnuts. Bake for 25 minutes and cool to room temperature.
Make the Whipped Hazelnut Frosting. Whip together unsalted butter, hazelnut spread, and vanilla. Add the unsweetened cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and salt. Whip on until light and fluffy.
Frost Your Brownies. Using an offset spatula apply an even layer of Whipped Hazelnut Frosting to the cooled brownie.
Sprinkle Toppings on the Brownies. Feel free to decorate your Ferrero Rocher Brownies any way you want.
Cut and Serve. Best cut into 9 or 12 pieces. Be prepared because these Ferrero Rocher Brownies will be gone SO FAST!
3 Tips For The BEST Brownies
- Allow the butter and sugar to boil together until it becomes a bubbly, white mixture when you are making the brownies. By doing this you will get that beautiful, shiny top everyone loves. So if your mixture looks like separated butter and sugar let it keep boiling.
- Frost the brownies when they are completely cooled. If the brownies are still warm, the frosting will just melt off of them. If you need your brownies to cool quicker you can always pop them in the refrigerator or freezer until they are cooled.
- For a “clean cut” brownie, throw them in the refrigerator for an hour to chill. Grease your knife with cooking spray and cut straight down (do not saw). Between cuts, wipe the knife clean and respray.
More Brownie Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- 1 cup granular sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs - room temperature
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 Ferrero Rochers - chopped
- ¼ cup hazelnuts - chopped
Whipped Hazelnut Frosting
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter - room temperature
- ½ cup hazelnut spread
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Ferrero Rochers
- ¼ cup hazelnuts - finely chopped
- sea salt; - flaky
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt the granular sugar and unsalted butter in a small saucepan. Allow it to boil for two to three minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, cocoa, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the slightly cooled butter/sugar mixture to your egg mixture. Keep whisking until smooth and incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, chopped Ferrero Rochers (about 6), and hazelnuts. Fold until incorporated.
- Pour the brownie batter into prepared 8×8 baking dish. Smooth out to an even layer.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes (depending on how gooey you like them). Cool to room temperature.
Whipped Hazelnut Frosting
- In a small bowl, sift together the unsweetened cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk together the unsalted butter, hazelnut spread, and vanilla extract until creamy and combined, (about 3 minutes).
- Add the dry mixture until well combined (about 3 minutes).
- Turn mixer to high and allow the frosting to whip until fluffy and airy (about 1 minute). Set aside.
Frosting and Topping
- Using an offset spatula, evenly spread the frosting over the room temperature brownies.
- Sprinkle Ferrero Rochers, chopped hazelnuts overtop, and flaky sea salt over the top.
- Cut into nine slices and serve.
- At room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
- In the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.
- In the freezer, wrapped in plastic wrap and in an airtight container, for up to 3 months.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.