This tasty Churro Popcorn is loaded with cinnamon, brown sugar, and dark chocolate flavor! It is indulgent and the perfect anytime, quick snack.
Loaded popcorn is an absolute MUST for movie night or binge watching your favorite TV show. I devoured this over season 4 of Selling Sunset and do not regret one calorie, although those girls are so stylish and gorgeous!
But seriously if you like cinnamon, popcorn, and dark chocolate you have to try it.
Churro Popcorn Ingredients
- Plain Popcorn
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Granular Sugar
- Melted Dark Chocolate
How To Make Churro Popcorn at Home
PLAIN POPCORN. Start off by popping your popcorn and throwing it into a large bowl.
BUTTER / BROWN SUGAR MIXTURE. Melt your butter and brown sugar in the microwave. Pour the mixture over your plain popcorn and stir until coated.
CINNAMON / SUGAR COATING. Whisk together the powdered sugar, granular sugar, and cinnamon. Toss the popcorn in your cinnamon sugar coating.
DARK CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE. Pour your Churro popcorn onto a prepared baking sheet and drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
DRY AND EAT. I like to let mine sit at room temperature for the chocolate to harden but you can always throw it in the refrigerator.
4 Recipe Tips You Need To Know:
- Use plain popcorn. I used microwave popcorn but you can also do air popped or bagged, pre-popped, plain popcorn.
- Make sure your brown sugar is fully dissolved in the butter mixture before pouring over your popcorn.
- Place your melted chocolate into a piping bag or plastic bag for a more controlled drizzle (that is what I did).
- Add other goodies like a caramel drizzle, roasted nuts, or even chocolate chips.
More Snacks You Might Like:
- Coconut Rice Krispie Treats
- Caramel Apple Pie Dip
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Pecan Pie Dip
- Maple Pumpkin Fruit Dip
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- Gingerbread Pie Dip
- Cranberry Pie Dip
- Caramel Affogato
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Loaded Churro Popcorn
- 4 cups plain popcorn
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons granular sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup dark chocolate - melted
- Prepare a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl add unsalted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until melted. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, granular sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the popcorn. Pour over the melted butter mixture. Fold until the popcorn is coated well.
- Immediately pour over the sugar cinnamon mixture and toss until well coated.
- Pour the churro popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet and drizzle over dark chocolate.
- At room temperature keep the loaded popcorn in an airtight container for up to four days.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.