This Loaded Leprechaun Popcorn is the perfect snack for St. Patrick’s Day. It’s is salty, sweet, minty, and gooey all at the same time. With flavors of popcorn, marshmallow, mint M&Ms, and lucky charms, you will quickly become addicted to this one!
This loaded popcorn was made for St. Patrick’s Day! It is perfect for bating those pesky Leprechauns! Try these St. Patrick’s Day Cookies too!
Watch Me Make It In Under 30 Seconds!
Loaded Leprechaun Popcorn Ingredients
- Plain Popcorn: For ease, this recipes uses 1 bag of microwave popcorn.
- Lucky Charms Cereal: I like to separate the marshmallows from the cereal but you do not have to.
- Unsalted Butter
- Mini Marshmallows: You can use larger marshmallows but you will want to cut them into smaller pieces so they melt better.
- Mint M&Ms
- Sprinkles: Find the most festive St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles you can find!
How to Make Loaded Leprechaun Popcorn
This is a quick overview, the recipe card below will have more details!
- POP POPCORN and throw it into a large bowl with your Lucky Charms cereal. Note: feel free to separate the marshmallows from the cereal like I did.
- MELT BUTTER AND MINI MARSHMALLOWS just until melted together.
- COAT POPCORN AND CEREAL with melted marshmallow mixture, stir until coated.
- POUR ONTO BAKING SHEET lined with waxed paper.
- TOP WITH TOPPINGS; mint M&Ms and St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles.
- DRY, BREAK APART, AND EAT!
Tips for Even Better Loaded Leprechaun Popcorn
- Use plain popcorn. I used microwave popcorn but you can also do air popped or bagged, pre-popped, plain popcorn.
- For the marshmallow mixture, once that last marshmallow is melted take it off the heat immediately.
- Add other goodies like roasted nuts, chocolate chips, and green chocolate drizzle, etc.
- Make this loaded popcorn into party favors by putting into cellophane baggies and tying with festive ribbon.
For More Snacks, Check These Out:
- Loaded Churro Popcorn
- No Bake Birds Nest Cookies
- Pecan Pie Dip
- Pie Crust Cookie Chips
- Dunkaroo Dip
- Loaded Fall Harvest Popcorn
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Loaded Leprechaun Popcorn
- baking sheet - lined with waxed paper
- small saucepan
- Silicone Spatula
- 4 cups plain popcorn
- 2 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup mint M&Ms
- sprinkles - St. Patrick's Day themed, green, white, yellow.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a large bowl combine plain popcorn and Lucky charms cereal, set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt butter until completely melted.
- Add mini marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat as soon as the marshmallows are melted.
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and cereal mixture. Fold until everything is well coated.
- Pour the popcorn and cereal coated mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle mint M&Ms and sprinkles over the top. Allow it to dry.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
- In an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or until stale.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
If you make my Loaded Leprechaun Popcorn, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!