These easy, no bake Birds Nest Cookies are made with oats, coconut, chocolate, peanut butter, and candy eggs. They are a unique springtime Easter dessert everyone will be raving about.
No Bake Cookies are a nostalgic favorite! This recipe has all the classic flavors with an addition of unsweetened coconut for texture and cute candy eggs. They are chewy, fudgy, and will melt in your mouth.
Why These Birds Nest Cookies Need To Be On Your Spring Baking List:
Come Make Them With Me:
No Bake Birds Nest Cookies Ingredients
This recipe is only 9 ingredients. Below are a few notes on each ingredient, including substitutions.
- Small Saucepan
- 2 Large Baking Sheets
- Waxed Paper: No bake cookies will set up on parchment paper and aluminum foil as well. Sometimes they stick which is why I prefer waxed paper.
How to Make Birds Nest Cookies
PRO TIP: Work quickly because the second your no bakes have been mixed together, they will begin to set up and harden. I like to have everything ready ahead of time so it is easier to scoop, drop, dent, and add the eggs to your cookies.
Always store your no bake cookies in an airtight container. They can be stacked with waxed paper between each layer so they do not stick together. At room temperature they will last for 3 days, in the refrigerator for 1 week, and frozen for 3 months.
Troubleshooting No Bake Cookies
These No Bake Robins Nest Cookies are super easy to make, BUT they can be finicky if you have not made them before. The amount of time your mixture is boiled on the stove completely determines the texture and outcome of the cookies. Make sure it is at a rolling boil (not a simmer) before you start your 1 minute timer.
My no bake cookies sticky and not setting– Your mixture was not boiled long enough, try adding 15 seconds more next time.
My no bake cookies dry and crumbly– Your mixture was boiled too long, try reducing the time my 15 seconds.
Frequently Asked Questions About No Bake Cookies (FAQ’s)
More Cookie Recipes You Might Enjoy:
No Bake Birds Nest Cookies
- 2 baking sheets; lined with waxed paper
- small saucepan
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 bag candy eggs; M&M's peanut butter eggs
- Prepare a baking sheet with waxed paper. Set aside.
- To a saucepan, add and combine the unsalted butter, granulated sugar, milk, and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Over medium heat bring the mixture to a boil and allow it to boil for one minute.
- Remove from the heat, add and combine the creamy peanut butter, vanilla extract, quick cook oats, and shredded unsweetened coconut.
- Scoop and drop 2 ounce portions of no bake cookies onto the prepared baking sheet until all is gone.
- Using the backside of a rounded measuring spoon, lightly press and make a dent in the cookies to create a nest appearance.
- Immediately press 3 candy eggs into each birds nest.
- Allow the Birds Nest Cookies to cool completely before eating.
- Room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
- Refrigerated, in an airtight container, for up to one week.
- Frozen, individually wrapped in plastic wrap and in an airtight container, for up to 3 months. Set out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before eating.
Troubleshooting No Bake Cookies:
- My no bake cookies sticky and not setting– Your mixture was not boiled long enough, try adding 15 seconds more next time.
- My no bake cookies dry and crumbly– Your mixture was boiled too long, try reducing the time my 15 seconds.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.