These no bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars have banana in every single layer! They are made with a crunchy banana chip crust, creamy banana cheesecake, and rich banana pudding. An addicting and delicious make ahead dessert bar for any occasion.
For more delicious cheesecake bars, try my Brownie Cookie Cheesecake Bars or this No Bake Turtle Pie!
Why You’ll Love These Cheesecake Bars
IRRESISTABLE CHEESECAKE WITHOUT THE HASSLE. These luscious and creamy cheesecake squares are completely no bake which means no oven and no water baths.
ULTIMATE BANANA FLAVOR WITH ONLY 10 INGREDIENTS and they are simple ones too! You will really love how the butter cookie crust has banana chips in it.
A PERFECT MAKE AHEAD DESSERT for BBQs and potlucks, Easter dinner, brunch, Mother’s Day and more. Just make them a day or two before and pop them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
What Are Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars?
Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars are a delicious dessert mashup between banana pudding and cheesecake squares! Sometimes they are baked and other times they are no bake, like mine.
My super easy recipe is a banana chip and butter cookie crust topped with a no bake banana cheesecake. On top of that is a layer of rich banana cream pudding that is garnished with whipped cream, leftover butter cookies and banana chips.
Ingredients In Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars
These no bake cheesecake bars are 3 super delicious, banana packed elements! Here is everything you will need plus a few notes and even substitution suggestions.
Banana Chip Cookie Crust
- Banana Chips: This secret ingredient makes ALL the difference, it adds crunchy texture and a banana flavor to the crust. They can be omitted but I do not recommend it.
- Chessman Butter Cookies: Ground down into fine, sandy crumbs. You can also use vanilla wafer crumbs, graham crackers, or vanilla sandwich cookies as a substitute.
- Melted Unsalted Butter: This is what holds the crust together.
- Granulated Sugar: For a little bit of sweetness.
Creamy Banana Pudding
- Banana Cream Pudding: Make sure it is instant pudding. This gives the banana flavor while adding a rich creaminess.
- Cold Milk: Whole milk works best. Other types of milk leave the pudding a tad too thin for these cheesecake bars.
No Bake Banana Cheesecake
- Full Fat Cream Cheese: Brought to room temperature or you will have lumpy cheesecake. Do not substitute this with reduced fat varieties.
- Sour Cream: Also brought to room temperature. This ingredient adds a tanginess to the cheesecake, plain Greek yogurt works well in it’s place.
- Granulated Sugar: see note above.
- Vanilla Extract: To add depth of flavor and caramel notes. Only use pure or homemade extract, imitation just isn’t the same.
- Banana Cream Pudding: see note above.
- Whipped Cream: Make your own by whipping together heavy cream and a little powdered sugar to stiff peaks.
- Chessman Butter Cookies
- Banana Chips
Equipment Needed To Make Cheesecake Bars
- 8×8 square baking dish prepared with parchment paper and binder clips (to hold the parchment paper in place). See above photo for reference.
- Food processor to crush the butter cookies and banana chips into crumbs. You can also use a large gallon bag and rolling pin or something else to crush them with while keeping the crumbs contained.
- Hand mixer or stand mixer with whisk attachment. You can do this by hand but it is so much easier to make the pudding and no bake cheesecake with the help of a machine.
How To Make Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars
These are the basic steps, the recipe card below will have the full ingredients list, measurements, and directions.
- Make the Banana Chip Cookie Crust. Using a food processor, break down the cookies and banana chips into crumbs. Add and combine the melted unsalted butter and granulated sugar until completely saturated.
- Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of your baking dish to form a crust. Freeze as you move on.
- Whisk together the Banana Pudding. Using a hand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk together the instant banana pudding mix and milk until it has thickened up.
- Whip up the No Bake Banana Cheesecake. Using a hand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese with sour cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and part of the banana pudding.
- Spread the cheesecake first and the pudding second over top of the banana chip crust. Refrigerate until set or overnight.
- Slice into 12 equal slices with a sharp and slightly warmed (with hot water) knife.
- Garnish with whipped cream, extra butter cookies, and banana chips.
Don’t Skip The Chill Time
My biggest recommendation with these Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars is to leave yourself enough time to chill them in the refrigerator. Overnight is best, but usually 3 to 4 hours is enough.
I do not recommending freezing the cheesecake squares to speed up the process (except the butter cookie crust in the beginning). When the layers thaw they become liquid-ey and lose their shape.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Yes! And honestly these are so perfect to prep ahead of time. I recommend making them no more than 2 days in advance. Make sure they are refrigerated, in an airtight container, and the top is covered in plastic wrap. Add the garnishes right before you are about to serve them.
This could have happened for two reasons. (1) Your cream cheese and sour cream was not at room temperature. (2) The cream cheese was not whipped long enough in the beginning steps. Or it could have been a combination of the two.
The goal is to keep the corners crisp and the layers in tact. So, you will want to make sure you are using a really sharp knife and your dessert is cold. When you cut the bars start by running your knife under warm water to gently heat the blade, cut the bars, wipe the blade with a paper towel, and repeat until you have 12 equal bars.
For More Delicious Dessert Bar Recipes, Try These:
- Biscoff Blondies
- Blondie Brownies
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Blondies
- Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- Coffee Toffee Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Apple and Plum Crumble Bars
- Brownie Smores
- Cherry White Chocolate Blondies
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars
- 8×8 inch baking pan prepared with parchment paper and binder clips
- Food Processor
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer; with whisk attachment
Banana Chip Cookie Crust
- ½ cup Chessman butter cookies
- ½ cup banana chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter; melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 3.4 ounce banana cream instant pudding powder
- 1 cups milk; cold
No Bake Banana Cheesecake
- 12 ounces cream cheese; full fat, room temperature
- ½ cup banana cream pudding; taken from prepared amount above
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream; full fat, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 12 Chessman butter cookies
- 12 banana chips
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and binder clips. Set aside.
Banana Chip Cookie Crust
- In a food processor, chop the Chessman butter cookies and banana chips to sandy crumbs.
- In a small bowl add the banana chips and butter cookie crumbs, melted unsalted butter, and granulated sugar. Combine until the mixture is completely saturated.
- Pour the crumbs into the 8×8 baking dish. Press the crumbs firmly and evenly into the pan using the back side of a flat measuring cup or bowl.
- Place in the freezer.
- Into a large bowl, pour cold milk and banana cream pudding powder together. Whisk on medium speed until thickened to soft set.
- Remove ½ cup of the pudding and set aside for the no bake banana cheesecake filling.
No Bake Banana Cheesecake
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until it becomes light and there are no lumps.
- Add ½ cup of prepared banana cream pudding, sour cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and everything is well incorporated.
- Remove the banana chip cookie crust layer from the freezer and evenly spread the no bake banana cheesecake filling on top.
- Spoon the remaining banana pudding over top of the cheesecake and smooth out into an even layer.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Lift and remove the cheesecake from the pan. Pull away the parchment paper from the outer edge of the cheesecake bars.
- Run a large, sharp knife under warm water to gently heat the blade, cut the bars into 12 equal slices. Wipe the blade with a paper towel, repeat heating the blade as needed, until you have 12 equal bars.
- Garnish with whipped cream, butter cookies, and banana chips.
- In the refrigerator, covered or in an airtight container, for up to 7 days.
- In the freezer, wrapped in saran wrap and in a freezer bag, for up to two months.
Make Ahead Information:
- Making these cheesecake bars no more than 2 days in advance. Make sure they are refrigerated, in an airtight container, and the top is covered in plastic wrap. Cut and add the garnishes right before you are about to serve them.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
If you make my Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!
5 thoughts on “Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars”
My father loves these banana pudding cheesecake bars! He likes to top it with whipped cream and some sprinkles. So impressive!
I’ll take these bars over banana cream pie any day! The bottom crust layer is to die for.
So creamy and lovely. I love no bake treats like this and the combination of the layers is perfect!
The combination is unreal!!! This banana pudding cheesecake bars were love at first bite! So easy to make too!
The kids just love these!! My daughter first came across the recipe and wanted to make them for everyone (she just loves being in the kitchen).
She makes them all the time and they never last! All five kids just demolish them!!!
Great recipe and easy to follow.