These Chocolate Filled Cookies are stuffed to the brim with deliciously rich chocolate. They require no chill time, you heard me right, no chill time! They are crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside, and finished in under 45 minutes!
No Chill Chocolate Filled Cookies
The best part of these Chocolate Filled Cookies is how easy they are! They are stuffed with assorted Dove Chocolates and I like to think of them as a dessert with a secret. You may get dark chocolate, caramel, or even a milk chocolate center, nobody knows until you take your first bite! This makes them perfect for gender reveal themed parties, girl’s night, or really any night of the week.
Ingredients (and a few notes)
- Unsalted Butter: Melting the butter gives your cookies a chewier and crispier texture.
- Granular Sugar
- Vanilla Extract: Make sure you are using high quality vanilla extract. It makes all the difference in these cookies.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Cornstarch: This is what keeps your cookies from spreading as they bake.
- Dove Candies: I always choose the assorted bag because I love a surprise. You never know if you are going to get caramel, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate!
- Granular Sugar: This is to roll your cookies in prior to baking.
Your Game Plan to the BEST Chocolate Filled Cookies
Mix up the cookie dough. You are going to start by whisking together the melted butter and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs, vanilla, and whisk the mixture until it is pale in color. Add the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, salt, and fold until combined.
Construct the Chocolate Filled Cookies. Start by flattening a 1-2 tablespoon scoop of cookie dough into a flat disk and place an unwrapped chocolate in the center. Carefully form the cookie dough into a ball around the candy. Continue this process until all the cookie dough is gone.
Roll in sugar coating. Next, carefully roll each of the cookie dough balls into the sugar and place on your prepared baking sheet. Lightly press the cookie dough ball down until it is a thick, flat, disk shape. Keep in mind the shape you form is the shape they will stay.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and set on the tops. Remove from the oven and allow the Chocolate Filled Cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before enjoying.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Can I use other types of chocolate? Yes, most definitely! I have made these cookies with Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, Lindt Strawberry Truffles, and Milky Ways. You can be as creative as you want to be.
Do I have to roll the cookies in sugar before baking them? This is a completely optional step and you are more than welcome to skip it. I recommend doing this because it gives the cookie a little more sweetness and a beautifully crunchy exterior.
More Cookie Recipes You Need…
- Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Matcha Cookies
- Red Velvet Oreo Cookies
- Old Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Chocolate Filled Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter; melted
- ¾ cup granular sugar
- 1 egg; room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 Dove candies; milk chocolate, dark chocolate, caramel, or a combination
- ¼ cup granular sugar; for the sugar coating
- Preheat oven to 350° F and center oven rack. Prepare cookie sheet with a non-stick mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk the melted butter and granular sugar until smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Whisk for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture has lightened in color
- Add the all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Fold until the dry ingredients have been fully incorporated.
- Take a 1-2 tablespoons scoop of cookie dough and flatten it into a round, thin, and flat disk.
- Place one Dove chocolate in the center of the cookie disk. Form the cookie dough around the chocolate so it makes a ball.
- Roll each cookie dough ball into the granular sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet. These cookies do not spread much but still need a little space between each of them.
- Lightly press the cookie dough balls into a thick disk shape (this is essential because they do not spread as they bake).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the sides are brown and the tops are set.
- Remove the Chocolate Filled Cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Room temperature: in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Refrigerator: in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezer: wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- Freeze the fully assembled cookies on a cookie sheet and then place them into a freezer bag or airtight container. Freeze for up to three months.
- When you are ready to bake them, place the frozen cookies on a prepared baking sheet and bake at 350° F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
If you make my Chocolate Filled Cookies, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!