This cheesy Greek Yogurt Chicken Bake is a quick and easy flavorful dinner idea everyone is going to love! Tender, juicy chicken topped with a creamy marinade topping… What’s not to love?
It is high protein, low carb, Keto, and packed with flavor. Best part, you can make this Greek yogurt chicken bake up to a day in advance and throw it in the oven whenever you are ready for dinner.
Use up any leftover Greek yogurt with this Yogurt Dill Sauce.
This Cheesy Greek Yogurt Chicken Bake is so delicious! I make it at least once a week because the end result is juicy chicken with a flavorful, cheesy Greek yogurt marinade topping. Everyone loves this chicken and it goes great with a lot of different side dishes.
Why This Recipe Will Be On Your Weekly Rotation:
A QUICK AND EASY DINNER ANY DAY OF THE WEEK- It is done in 40 minutes from start to finish. OR you can prep this ahead of time and bake it whenever you are ready to serve dinner.
HEALTHY- This recipe is low carb, high protein, and even Keto. I love how delicious it is, but it’s a win-win that it is also on the healthier side.
JUICY, FLAVORFUL CHICKEN EVERY SINGLE TIME- It is seriously fool proof. So whether you are a novice home cook or a busy momma, this is for you!
Greek Yogurt Chicken Bake Ingredients
This recipes is only 7 simple ingredients, 9 if you include the salt and pepper. Below are a few notes and suggestions for substituting if necessary.
- Chicken Breast: I use boneless, skinless breasts. If your chicken breasts are large, I recommend cutting the in half and then pounding down to an even thickness.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: This is the base to our marinade and topping. Feel free to use non fat, 2% or even 5% varieties. You can also use equal amounts of plain yogurt, or even sour cream.
- Mustard: I used classic yellow mustard but you could easily use Dijon mustard, brown mustard, or whole grain mustard. I do not recommend spicy mustard or honey mustard because the flavors will overpower.
- Shredded Cheese: It is a combination of hand shredded white cheddar (tangy and sharp) and parmesan (nutty). Shredding cheese off the block makes for a more flavorful and melty combination.
- Cornstarch: Used to thicken the marinade and make a crust on the chicken as it bakes. You can use flour, arrowroot powder, or potato starch in it’s place.
- Garlic Powder: Feel free to use freshly minced garlic in it’s place. A few cloves is all you need.
- Dried Oregano: Adds a delicious herbaceous flavor.
- Salt and Black Pepper: To suit your taste preferences.
How To Make This EASY Greek Yogurt Chicken Bake
This Cheesy Greek Yogurt Chicken Bake is super easy and quick. Here is a quick overview of the steps, the recipe card below will have complete details.
- Place the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a 13×9 baking dish.
- Combine the Greek yogurt, mustard, white cheddar and parmesan cheese, cornstarch, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Slather on top of your chicken breasts and top with more cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate to bake at a later time OR bake until cooked through and the cheese is golden bubbly.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving (this keeps the chicken from drying out and helps to lock in the juices).
PRO TIP: If you want more caramelization on your topping you can put it under the broiler for a few minutes.
Storing and Make Ahead Information
For leftovers refrigerate them covered and in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
Making this chicken bake ahead of time is so convenient for your busy days. You can easily make the cheesy Greek Yogurt topping and refrigerate it ahead of time or overnight. You can also completely construct the dish, top it with aluminum foil, and refrigerate up to one day prior to baking too.
What Can I Serve With This Cheesy Greek Yogurt Chicken Bake?
My go-to is Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower because it is done in the same amount of time it takes to make the chicken. All you do is toss quartered potatoes and cauliflower in olive oil and seasoning of you choice, throw on a baking sheet, and bake for 25-30 minutes (along with the chicken).
I also like Steamed Rice and Broccoli. The rice only takes five minutes on the stovetop and the microwave steamed broccoli only takes about six minutes. To amp up the steamed broccoli I throw a tablespoon of butter and seasoning in the bag once it is done cooking and shake it up.
To stay on theme with Keto you can opt for riced cauliflower, garlic roasted Brussel sprouts, cheesy broccoli, salad, etc.
- Use other types of cheeses: Try Asiago, Manchego, other cheddars, Colby Jack, or whatever you have on hand.
- Try other spices and spice blends: Ranch seasoning packet, Cajun seasoning, other herbs, fresh garlic instead of garlic powder.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
When chicken is marinated and baked with yogurt, it adds wonderful flavor and moisture to the chicken. It is a fool proof way to juicy, tender chicken every single time. Plus it makes for a great topping, especially when seasonings, cheeses, and herbs are added to it.
There are 2 easy ways to know: One, cut the thickest part of the chicken breast and the juices should run clear with no pink colored meat, only white. Two, the thickest part of the chicken should read 160 to 165 degrees F with a digital thermometer.
More Chicken Recipes You Might Like:
- Garlic Basil Chicken
- Cajun Chicken
- Low Carb Chicken
- Chicken Alfredo Soup
- Rosemary and Thyme Chicken Thighs
- Brie Stuffed Chicken Burgers
- Chicken Lime Taquitos
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Oven Baked Chicken Wings
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Cheesy Greek Yogurt Chicken Bake
- 9×13 Baking Dish
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts; pounded thin
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ¾ cup extra sharp White Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400° F with your oven rack centered.
- Lightly oil your baking pan (I used a 13×9 ceramic dish).
- Place your thinly pounded chicken breasts in the baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the Greek yogurt, mustard, half of the white cheddar and parmesan, cornstarch, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Slather an even amount of the mixture onto each chicken breast. Top with the leftover cheddar and parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Once it is finished baking you can place it under the broiler for a few minutes for the cheese to get toasty and bubbly or eat it!
- In the refrigerator, covered and in an airtight container, for 3 to 4 days.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
If you make my Greek Yogurt Chicken Bake recipe, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!
24 thoughts on “Cheesy Greek Yogurt Chicken Bake”
Such a delicious but simple recipe! My husband absolutely loves it as well as myself! To be honest, I made it last week & I’m making it again tonight. Thanks girl for the amazing recipe! It’s definitely one of our favs!❤️
I made this recipe for a dinner party and it was a huge hit! The chicken was cooked to perfection and the Greek yogurt and cheese sauce was so delicious. I will definitely be making this again and again!
You’re making me hungry!
It is so good!
This was so full of flavour and I like it that yo can prepare it in advance making it perfect for a midnight meal.
Yes, make ahead meals are the best. So convenient!
Thank you for taking the time to rate and comment on it.
Love an easy “throw-it-together-and-bake” sometimes. Especially one you can make in advance!! Thanks!!!
Me too! Convenience is key when life is so busy!
Im always looking for 30 minutes meals, this can be my dinner too then make extra for my lunch the next day.
Yes! I love this for leftovers!
I’m so glad I was able to help.
So tender and so much flavor. Great video of step by step instructions. I also love lots of cheese on my chicken.
So glad you enjoyed this recipe! I agree a lot of cheese is the best!
Loved how flavorful this chicken bake turned out and how simple it was to make. Definitely making this for the family more often!
Awesome! I love hearing that and it makes me happy your whole family enjoyed it!
So cheesy and creamy and delicious!!
This is the perfect weeknight dinner!
So glad you think so!
Thank you for taking the time to comment!
So glad you like it.
This sounds like a lovely meal! Will try it out this weekend! Can’t wait! Thanks for the recipe!
Awesome! I hope you enjoy it just as much as we do!
This cheesy yogurt chicken bake was delicious and easy! It made the perfect weeknight dinner!
Awesome! So glad to hear that!
Thank you for taking the time to rate and comment.
Thank you! So glad you think so!