This Strawberry Crunch Topping recipe is easy, delicious, and full of strawberry vanilla flavors. It is ready in 5 minutes, requires no baking, and it is the perfect crispy for topping ice cream, cakes, pies, and more! Best part, it is made with freeze dried strawberries NOT Jell-O!
Try out my Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes, they are loaded with this Strawberry Crunch Topping!
This Strawberry Crunch Topping is the perfect balance of vanilla and real strawberry flavor. Not to mention, it looks beautiful on any recipe with it’s specks of pink, red, and cream colors. The absolute perfect crunchy crumble topping to so many things.
Why You’ll LOVE This Strawberry Crunch Topping
- It is made with freeze dried strawberries (not Jell-O). This gives the crunch a truer strawberry flavor, in my humble opinion.
- There is no baking required which means it takes even less time to make.
- It is reminiscent of the strawberry shortcake ice cream bars we all ate as kids (if you loved those, then you’re going to love this!)
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Golden Oreos: You can also use any brand or variety of vanilla sandwich cookies if Oreos are not a possibility.
- Freeze Dried Strawberries: I find these in the aisle with dried fruits and nuts. Do not substitute for fresh strawberries or your crumble will be wet and watery.
- Melted Butter: I use whatever I have on hand at the time: salted, unsalted, vegan, spreadable, it is all the same.
How To Make Strawberry Crunch Topping
This recipe is only 1 step! All you need to do is throw the Golden Oreos, freeze dried strawberries, and melted butter into a food processor. Pulse it until everything has broken down into small, sandy crumbles. Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
Uses for Homemade Strawberry Crunch Topping
This topping can be used with many different recipes making the possibilities truly endless. Basically you can put it on anything you would want a strawberry cookie crumble topping on.
My favorite ways to enjoy it are on…
- ice cream, nice cream, and frozen yogurt
- no bake cheesecake or baked cheesecakes like this New York Cheesecake
- cakes and cupcakes- you’ll love my Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) About Strawberry Crunch Topping
Not a problem! Alternatively, you can use a gallon bag and a rolling pin or meat cleaver. You will want to crush down the Golden Oreos and freeze dried strawberries first before tossing the mixture into the melted butter.
If stored in an airtight container and in the refrigerator or freezer, this topping can last up to six months. I guarantee you will not have this Strawberry Crunch Topping for long because it is that good!
YES! Feel free to substitute the freeze dried fruit for other flavors: blueberry, mango, apple, etc. You can also use different types of Oreos and sandwich cookies: chocolate, strawberry, etc.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Oreo Cookies
- Dunkaroo Dip
- Strawberry Filled Cupcakes
- Funfetti Cookie Layer Cake
- Not So Sweet Buttercream
- Mini Pie Crust Recipe
- Vodka Butter Pie Crust
- More Basic Recipes
- More Sweet Recipes
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Strawberry Crunch Topping
- 1 ounce freeze dried strawberries
- 16 Golden Oreos; or vanilla sandwich cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter; melted
- Place all ingredients (freeze dried strawberries, Golden Oreos, and melted butter into a food processor.*
- Pulse until it becomes a sandy, crumble texture.
- In an air-tight container, refrigerated or frozen, for up to 6 months.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
If you make my Strawberry Crunch Topping, don’t forget to leave this recipe a rating, comment, or like. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #EntirelyElizabeth when sharing your own personal photos making this recipe. I would love to see your version and know your thoughts!