This Strawberry Crunch Topping recipe is easy, delicious, and full of strawberry vanilla flavors. It is ready in 5 minutes, requires no baking, and it is the perfect crispy for topping ice cream, cakes, pies, and more!
Best part, it is made with freeze dried strawberries NOT Jell-O!
You should also try my popular Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes, they are loaded with this delicious crumble topping!
This Strawberry Crunch Topping is the perfect balance of vanilla and real, sweet strawberry flavor. Not to mention, it looks beautiful on any recipe with it’s specks of pink, red, and cream colors. The absolute perfect crunchy crumble topping to so many things.
Why You’ll LOVE This Strawberry Crunch Topping
- Made with freeze dried strawberries (not Jell-O). This gives the crunch a truer strawberry flavor, in my humble opinion.
- A no bake strawberry crunch recipe which means even less time to make.
- Reminiscent of the strawberry shortcake crumble ice cream bars we all ate as kids (if you loved those, then you’re going to love this!)
Watch this Quick, 9 Second Video Tutorial!
3 Ingredient Strawberry Crunch Topping
Below is a list of the ingredients you will need, plus a few notes.
- Golden Oreos: You can also use any brand or variety of vanilla sandwich cookies if Oreos are not a possibility.
- Freeze Dried Strawberries: This brand is my favorite but you can also find them at your local grocery store in the aisle with dried fruits and nuts. Do not substitute for fresh strawberries or your crumble will be wet and watery.
- Melted Butter: I use whatever I have on hand at the time: salted, unsalted, vegan, spreadable, it is all the same.
- Food Processor: You can also use a high speed blender. If you do not have either I recommend using a reusable gallon and rolling pin or meat cleaver.
- Glass Airtight Container: Used for storing. It will keep moisture out so your crumble topping stays fresh and crunchy.
How To Make Strawberry Crunch Topping
This Strawberry Crunch recipe is only 1 step! You heard me, 1 step!
All you need to do is throw the Golden Oreo cookies, freeze dried strawberries, and melted butter into a food processor. Pulse it until everything has broken down into small, sandy crumbles.
Remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
Uses for Homemade Strawberry Crunch
This crunch topping can be used with many different recipes making the possibilities truly endless. Basically you can put it on anything you would want a strawberry cookie crumble topping on.
My favorite ways to enjoy it are on…
- ice cream, nice cream, and frozen yogurt
- no bake cheesecake or baked cheesecakes like this New York Cheesecake
- cakes and cupcakes- you’ll love my Strawberry Crunch Cupcakes or try topping a simple vanilla cake and make a strawberry crunch cake.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Not a problem! Alternatively, you can use a gallon bag and a rolling pin or meat cleaver. You will want to crush down the Golden Oreos and freeze dried strawberries first before tossing the mixture into the melted butter.
If stored in an airtight container and in the refrigerator or freezer, this topping can last up to six months. I guarantee you will not have this Strawberry Crunch Topping for long because it is that good!
YES! Feel free to substitute the freeze dried fruit for other flavors: blueberry, mango, apple, etc. You can also use different types of Oreos and sandwich cookies: chocolate, strawberry, etc.
More Strawberry Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Strawberry Filled Cupcakes
- Strawberry Blueberry Pie
- Strawberry Banana Shortcakes
- Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail
- Strawberry Simple Syrup using strawberry tops
- Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Strawberry Milk Tea
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Strawberry Crunch Topping
- Food Processor - a KitchenAid 3.5 cup is the perfect size
- 1 ounce freeze dried strawberries - from Thousand Lakes
- 16 Golden Oreos - or vanilla sandwich cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter - melted
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, freeze dried strawberries, Golden Oreos or vanilla sandwich cookies, and melted butter.*
- Pulse until combined and there are thick crumbles. Be careful to not over pulse the mixture or it will become sandy.
* Don’t Have A Food Processor?
- Place the freeze dried strawberries and Golden Oreos into a gallon bag and crush with a rolling pin or meat cleaver. Pour it into a bowl and toss in the melted unsalted butter.
- Refrigerated, in an air-tight container, for up to 1 month.
- Frozen, in an air-tight container, for up to 3 months.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.