Add excitement to your summer campfire parties with these toasty and fudgy Brownie Smores! All you need is 3 things: graham crackers, brownies, and marshmallows.
Gooey brownies and smores just had a baby! These Brownie Smores are made exactly like the classic and beloved smores: graham cracker, a fudgy brownie (in place of the chocolate), toasted marshmallows, and topped with another graham cracker.
They are a super fun and simple treat every age will enjoy. Smiles all around the campfire are guaranteed!
Ingredients For Campfire Brownie Smores
- Granular Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Black Cocoa
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Campfire Brownie Smores
- Graham Crackers
- Fudgy Brownies
If you’re looking for a homemade gluten free brownie, I recommend these Almond Flour Brownies.
How to Make Fudgy Brownies
Prep Work: Preheat your oven and prepare an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray. Do not skip over this step, you want to be able to easily lift the brownies out of the tin.
Melt Butter and Sugar: In a saucepan heat the two over high heat and boil for 3-4 minutes. Don’t worry if the mixture looks crystallized, this is what gives brownies the shiny crackle layer after they are baked.
Whisk and Fold: In a large bowl whip the eggs, unsweetened cocoa powder, black cocoa powder, and vanilla extract until light and well incorporated. Next, slowly add the warm butter/sugar mixture, whisking continually until incorporated. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and fold together until fully combined.
Bake, Cool, and Cut: Smooth the batter into your baking dish and bake for 25 to 28 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool to room temperature before lifting them from the pan and cutting into 12 equal squares.
How to Construct Campfire Brownie Smores
- Make or find a campfire and toast the marshmallows to your liking.
- Construct your smores: Layer graham cracker, brownie, roasted marshmallows and more graham cracker.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Of course! Whatever works for you and your family, just as long as you have a fun time making the Campfire Brownie Smores.
Easily substitute the black cocoa for more unsweetened cocoa powder. You would want to use a total of 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder if this is the case.
I recommend using either a kitchen torch (I did in this video) or the oven broiler to toast your marshmallows. This is a great reference if you want to use your broiler.
For More Brownies and Bars, Try These:
- Coconut Rice Krispie Treats
- Blondie Brownies
- Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- Brownie Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Coffee Toffee Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars
- Apple and Plum Crumble Bars
- Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies
- Cherry White Chocolate Blondies
Thanks for dropping in! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter for fun NEW CONTENT and CONVERSATION delivered to your inbox. If you love this recipe save it now so you can find it later. Thank you for your support!
Campfire Brownie Smores
Campfire Brownie Smores
- 1 batch fudgy brownies
- 12 marshmallows
- 12 graham crackers
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup granular sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup black cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring to a boil unsalted butter and granular sugar. Allow it to boil and cook for two to three minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, black cocoa powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, and vanilla extract until light.
- Slowly add warm butter/sugar mixture and keep whisking until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Fold until incorporated.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared 8×8 dish. Smooth out the batter so it is an even layer and reaches the edges.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick test comes out clean.
- Once cooled to room temperature lift brownies from the pan and cut into 12 equal squares.
Constructing Campfire Brownie Smores
- Toast the marshmallows over a campfire. You can also use the oven broiler or a kitchen torch.
- Layer graham cracker, fudgy brownie slice, toasted marshmallows, and graham cracker.
- At room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
- In the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to 5 days.
- In the freezer, wrapped in plastic wrap and in an airtight container, for up to 3 months.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.